• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ati card problem,

Associate
ok i have no problems playing games, well untill it seems the fan gets hot, so thought ok ill run a stress test and watch ati tool for artifacting card is at stock speeds of 648/999

but as soon as i try to open the artifacts part this ocurs

atikmdag-has-stopped.jpg

Associate
OP
tried rolling back driver but blue screened

created dump file for atikmdag.sys could then only boot in safe mode to install driver from ati website, re installed ati tool. still doign the same, im confussed why this is doing this

my only thought is because its a ati card on a asus board???

Associate
Thats tends to be a driver issue, try to use a driver cleaning program and complete remove all Ati drivers and reinstall them again

Permabanned
I would suspect the fault is to do with the motherboard in that case then. Are you saying your new motherboard is a P5NT? Did your 780I break or something?

It won't be because it's an asus motherboard with ATI graphics, I've got 2 PCs with Asus motherboards and both have ATi graphics cards in them.

Also, catalyst 8.6s? :eek:

You need to update them drivers, they're nearly a year old.

Associate
OP
What i meant to say was is a new/old board it was used twice with a ATI card by the previous person. So OK technically it's an old board but new by definition.

That 8.6 catalyst was what I downloaded from ATI website.

What version is there now? I can find that and see if it works.

The board before was a retail MSI board in a acer M1610.

Associate
OP
OK found 10.3 looks like the latest ones,

It's funny because if you select x1xxx drivers from the ati website it gave me 8.5 display driver and 8.6 catalyst,

instead searched latest catalyst drivers and now d/l 10.3 suite and display driver. may help if it does then great!!

Back
Top Bottom