5.1 help setting up ?

Soldato
Hi All I am abit puzzled about my Medusa 5.1 headset ,they are not usb and i have them plugged into my X-fi sound card ,but what settings do i have them on for watching dvds ? is there any idiot proof diagrams anyone can give me ha! ?:confused:

Soldato
Well if they just use the 3 analogue connectors, which I assume they do. If the green, orange, black are connected to the corresponding sockets on the card, set the speakers to 5.1 in the X-Fi control panel, and make sure the DVD playback software is set to output to 5.1 in the options, if possible.

Soldato
OP
Well if they just use the 3 analogue connectors, which I assume they do. If the green, orange, black are connected to the corresponding sockets on the card, set the speakers to 5.1 in the X-Fi control panel, and make sure the DVD playback software is set to output to 5.1 in the options, if possible.

I only have 2 connectors from the headset ...:confused:

Soldato
Ah, sounds to me like you don't have the 5.1 headset then, it sounds like you have the NX stereo. 5.1 version should have 4 connectors. Black, green, orange and pink. Also should have USB connector for power.

1466_3_volledig.jpg

Should look like that if you have the NX 5.1. unless you have an older version with a box, which connects to the sound card via the colour coded analogue cables, then the headset plugged into the box. If you only have two leads coming from the headset and no box, it must be the NX stereo that you have.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ah, sounds to me like you don't have the 5.1 headset then, it sounds like you have the NX stereo. 5.1 version should have 4 connectors. Black, green, orange and pink. Also should have USB connector for power.

1466_3_volledig.jpg

Should look like that if you have the NX 5.1. unless you have an older version with a box, which connects to the sound card via the colour coded analogue cables, then the headset plugged into the box. If you only have two leads coming from the headset and no box, it must be the NX stereo that you have.

Hi there I have got green ,black and Orange , so am i right in saying that the red/pink one in your photo is the mic ? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom