Windows Live Messenger crashes

Soldato
Every now and then my messenger chat window goes white, with the spinning circle, and it says 'windows live messenger not responding'. So I have to close down messenger and reopen it. I think its only for messenger and not other stuff on my pc, but not positive. Is there a fix for it, is it a common issue? I'm not in compatibility mode, do I need to be? Mine is Messenger build 14.8089.726

Permabanned
I don't use msn much now myself because I think it is too bloated. I use something called Pidgin Messanger.

I am sorry I can't help much on the MSN issue. If you have re-installed it then there is something else causing the crash and without looking at logs then there is no real help available.

Soldato
It's definitely not Microsoft's fault. I've been using Windows/MSN/Live messenger for over 8 years and it's only crashed a couple of times.

Have you tried reinstalling it?
Have you got any addons running, A-patch or messenger-plus?

Soldato
OP
It's definitely not Microsoft's fault. I've been using Windows/MSN/Live messenger for over 8 years and it's only crashed a couple of times.

Have you tried reinstalling it?
Have you got any addons running, A-patch or messenger-plus?

Just basic windows live messenger, plus I added some of my own custom smilies.
Yeah it's never crashed for me before either. Thing is, I can't find an exe to reinstall it? There's nothing about windows live messenger in control panel/programs and features. Only the msnmsgr.exe in the windows live folder which opens MSN.

Just now though, I did a repair with wlarp.exe:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Installer\wlarp.exe

That went through all the main live programs, including messenger, so maybe that will have helped, I'll have to see.

Back
Top Bottom