Thoughts on the Lian Li PC-A70FB

Associate
What do you guys think of the Lian Li PC-A70FB? I am thinking of purchasing it and putting a 5850 and Phenom II 955 (overclocked) in it. My main worries are about heat. What is the airflow/cooling in it like? Have any of you guys had any problems with the case? Thanks

Associate
You have absolutely nothing to worry about, that and the A71FB case get nothing but praises. They are fantastic. Although I prefer the Lian Li PC-A77FB and the Lian Li PC-P80. They are solid, roomy. Great airflow and relatively quiet considering it has 4 big fans. Wide enough to resist tipping over. Many internal drive bays all with rubber post cushions. Well made overall. Buttons crisp. Has all the accessories, screws, etc including a mobo speaker. Plenty of room for a long video card. Top panel door fits well. LED fans are not too bright. The fans are also relatively powerful.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have also been looking at this myself. Have had a Lian Li PC-65 for about 5 years now and want a change. Is the build quality of the PC-A70FB on par with my current Lian Li?

Soldato
My only concern is the fact it does not seem to have a roof fan. Will this affect my temperatures a lot?

Have a roof fan on my Lian Li pc60, always have it turned off.

Only increases temsp by 2-3 degs if I leave it off.

Crap, have just been starting at pics of the case and then looked at my battered case. Really wanna buy it, right now :)

Caporegime
See my A71F thread (in sig, or page 1 of Case Central) for my thoughts.

To summarize:

Incredibly well laid out and great build quality case that finally had the finesse and design to lure me from the old Coolermaster ATCS range. My temperatures are low even for air cooling, and although it isn't quite as focussed as some other cases for air cooling, it's certainly laid out well enough for the job.

Caporegime
I have an A70F and the cooling /airflow is very good, im running an i7 920 DO at 4ghz, as mentioned, build quality is superb, and the amount of space is great, im currently running a single gtx 275 but adding another tomorrow for sli, along with an asus xonar dx soundcard, space definitely wont be a problem. You certainly wont have any issues with it.

Caporegime
That top panel wont fit the A70FB, the power/reset buttons are located on the top panel, just next to the usb, esata ports. The only compatible top panel that Lian Li currently supply for the A70F is this one.

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=387&cl_index=2&sc_index=45&ss_index=74

Back
Top Bottom