Looking for a flatmate - Reading

Soldato
Hey,

Not 100% if this is allowed (or should be put in members market?) but thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm looking for a flatmate in the Reading area. I'm hoping to rent a two bed, two bathroom, modern flat. Rent will be split 50/50 (max £500 per person per month, bills not included). Deposit and admin fee will be dependant on the flat I end up going with.

I'm basically just looking for interest at the moment. I'm moving to Reading from the end of June so looking for people who will need a flat from around then onwards.

Email in trust or reply here.

About me
21 year old professional who will be working in Theale 9-5, 5 days a week
Non-smoker with no pets
My 22 year old girlfriend will also be living with me. We'll both have the master bedroom with en-suite while the flatmate has their own bathroom.

Like I say, I haven't found a flat yet. I'm flying down to view 4 this saturday. The total rent ranges from £875/mo to £1000 and you'd be paying half of it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

HaX

HaX

Associate
I was in Reading a few weeks ago. While it seemed like a reasonable place, I was astounded at how much it costs to rent or buy.

I saw adverts for terraced housing (which appeared to be in a deprived area) going for £1000 per month. Absolutely insane!

Do people who work down there get a London weighting on their wages?

Soldato
I was in Reading a few weeks ago. While it seemed like a reasonable place, I was astounded at how much it costs to rent or buy.

I saw adverts for terraced housing (which appeared to be in a deprived area) going for £1000 per month. Absolutely insane!

Do people who work down there get a London weighting on their wages?

Not sure where you saw that pricing? I was paying less than that for a 3 bed, 3 storey town house around 5 miles from Reading town center in Arborfield earlier this year. 2 bed flats can be rented in Reading for slightly less than that (£800).

I know in teaching Reading isn't in the London weighting area, but Bracknell is.

Soldato
Hi there, following on from This thread

I would like to be your room mate;

Paranoid: Very High
Schizoid: High
Schizotypal:High
Antisocial: High
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic:High
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

:p

Soldato
Used to live in Bracknell, We got a location allowance for being near to london, of an extra 50p per hour >.<

Reading is actually cheaper to rent etc than Bracknell, which was surprising, had a 2 bed house in b'nell for £710 (between us) and it was pretty crappy and small, but also the cheapest we could find :/

Soldato
OP
What work are you going to be in?

I'm working in the people services department at a big four accounting firm. Basically doing a temporary move from corporate tax for 6 months to see how I like Reading. If I can get a space and enjoy it I'm hoping to make the move permanent.

Im moving down to reading in Aug, starting a new job in early sept.

email in trust if you like.

Sent :)

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed, but I suppose it's up to the admins :p

Any photos? I know someone who *might* be interested.

I don't have a flat yet. Viewing four this Saturday. It was to get ideas of if anyone was interested so I could email them once I confirm. I'd be happy to send links to the flats I'm viewing.

Associate
As said before stay away from west reading and whitley. RG1 RG6 (student area) woodley and earley are good, caversham is ok aswell. I currently pay £1000 for a very spacious flat in RG1. Theres a few good blocks of flats around for "professionals" (q1, q2, meridian, lucinia view etc) which are fitted very nice but found them to be quite small.

I also suggest you re-evaluate the rent split, it is unfair splitting it 50/50 when you're demanding the master bedroom, ensuite and living with your gf which would mean in effect the flat mate paying a part of her living costs. Same with bills, they should be split 1/3's not 50% flat mate 50% you and your gf.

Soldato
I also suggest you re-evaluate the rent split, it is unfair splitting it 50/50 when you're demanding the master bedroom, ensuite and living with your gf which would mean in effect the flat mate paying a part of her living costs. Same with bills, they should be split 1/3's not 50% flat mate 50% you and your gf.

Exactly what I thought.

Soldato
I'm working in the people services department at a big four accounting firm. Basically doing a temporary move from corporate tax for 6 months to see how I like Reading. If I can get a space and enjoy it I'm hoping to make the move permanent.

Whoop PS buddy!!

You're lucky though, I'm surprised they haven't given you an eight month secondment to nab you for the whole of busy season!

Enjoy getting used to our quirky software!

Back
Top Bottom