Is pc gaming finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I have had to preorder red dead redemption for my xbox360 due to no announcement on a pc version.
Alan wake was cancelled for pc and the screen tearing and low resolution textures is awful on the 360 version.
Modern warfare 2 is a disgrace with the hackers online and the fact that it hardly sold anything on PC.
Everyone knows that consoles are where the money is for devs and publishers and I would not be suprised if blizzard are getting an mmorpg ready for the next generation of consoles.
I know WoW has millions of subscribers and steam is great for games but it feels like the glory days of pc gaming is finished.
It's a shame if it is as I love gaming on my custom built watercooled corei7 with gtx295 but I feel as if my money would be better kept for the next generation of consoles rather that a gtx480.
It's as if most publishers and all game shops and stores have given up on the PC?

Soldato
No, no its not, just like the other topics one the same subject.
Consoles are good for some styles of games, PC is far superior at others.
The way is it, was and will be.

Soldato
Yes, PC gaming is dead and will never recover. I am planning to organise an OcUK meet so that we can all burn our graphics cards on a bonfire.

Caporegime
Good God when wilkl these lame threads end, this is the gazillionth in recent memory and the OP always acts as though it's the most insightful thread ever, and the first time anyone has ever uttered such a thing.

Please people, stop making these chuffing threads. Oh and Barso, stop pressing enter after every sentence, you're writing a paragraphed post, not a poem.

Soldato
PC gaming died last week, did you not get the memo?

oh noes RDR isn't out on PC yet, just order it on 360 like I am then pick it up cheap next year on PC for decent graphics cand a community of MP players for years to come if it's any good.

Do the console guys winge because they don't have Armed Assault 2 or Project Reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom