Audi Cabriolet.... talk to me!

Associate
Righty, i am winding up business here and coming home, i currently have my mx-5 in wait for my return but i am wanting a 4 seater car for summer to go on road trips around europe/visits to the beach with friends etc.

The Audi Cabriolet has caught my eye, i fancy a convertable 4 seater perhaps, i am not interested in image so its not to show boat in, just thought it would be cool going out and say driving around a mountain in Switzerland and all being able to see the scenary with no roof, i am are that a 4 seater convertable full of people looks like an inside out porcupine (the ****** on the inside).

I dont want to spend much, perhaps 3k? so looking at the mid ninties variety.. are they any cop? any stories about horrrendous costs like roof mechs? how does it compare to say a 3 series.

Ta,

Soldato
A 3 grand AUDI convertible sounds like a really really bad idea to me.

There are generally 2 rules about convertibles, 2 seats and petrol and well - bobs your uncle.

4 seats can be excused but petrol is a must. I have no idea about the audi cab market but 3 grand does not seem a lot for a "premium brand" model.

Man of Honour
There are two bad ideas in this thread.

The first one is moving to the UK from New Zealand. The second is spending £3000 on an old Audi Cab :D

Associate
OP
Sweet brew! haha i'm not in NZ i am in Australia and i am British just been here for nearly a year.

Do you know for sure they will be a nightmare as the engines are supposed to be pretty strong and my friend has the saloon version here and that is sweet as.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...i/postcode/nn72he/radius/100/page/5?logcode=p looks pretty decent?

The Saab alternative doesnt really interest me, the other i gues is the beemer but i feel that if i got a beemer people would think i got it just to post when i have other motives more related to the visability of points of interested/sun and awesomness of cabriolets.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;16563740 said:
There are two bad ideas in this thread.

The first one is moving to the UK from New Zealand. The second is spending £3000 on an old Audi Cab :D

Not so sure about moving to NZ being so bad, a friend of mine has recently (3 years ago) moved there and is totally sold on the place, he's doing well and loving the climate! :)

Spot on about the Audi though. :D

Associate
OP
I actually quite like the 90's looks, if i am going to be buying a car whether i put 3 or 5 grand into it i quite fancy somthing retro or a classic.

my current car is a 94' impreza and my mx-5 is 20 years old so the audi would feel somwhat luxurious comparativly haha.

Associate
Hi theDude,

I've got a 2000 Audi A6 which now has 135K on the clock, and its really starting to cost me money.... Lots of niggles and things starting to go wrong.

I wouldn't even look at an Audi convertible unless you were talking £8000 or above to be honest, as its likely to just cost you loads in maintenance and breakdowns otherwise.

E-I

Back
Top Bottom