Anything like Media Browser for XBMC?

Soldato
As title really.

Would love to change to XBMC permanently but just can't get away from how good Media Browser is for Media Center.

Anything similar for XBMC? I've searched all the repositories I can find and a web search seems to yield no results.

Advice appreciated :D

Soldato
Surely XBMC is like Media Browser - isn't that one of it's main features? It has built-in scrapers and functions on the metadata.

If you want a nicer skin, have a look at the Aeon variants - youtube has a lot of people demo-ing them.

Soldato
OP
Surely XBMC is like Media Browser - isn't that one of it's main features? It has built-in scrapers and functions on the metadata.

If you want a nicer skin, have a look at the Aeon variants - youtube has a lot of people demo-ing them.

If XBMC has them mate then they aint working for me. I've tried all sorts of plug-ins and themes etc but none of them collect Meta data like Media Browser does ie automatically.

I've tried some of the Aeon skins and they do superb but there is no ruddy shutdown button on any of them i've tried so for..!!

Just wondered if there was a one stop installation that would interface with XBMC rather having to mess around with scripts etc

Soldato
I only tried it once, but went back to media center because it wasn't quite 'right'.

But as far as I'm aware, you add the folders and then configure them as to whether they're 'TV Shows' or 'Movies', and the scrapers get to work.

Soldato
But as far as I'm aware, you add the folders and then configure them as to whether they're 'TV Shows' or 'Movies', and the scrapers get to work.

This. The inbuilt scrapers are very good these days. Not to say they are perfect, but I haven't needed to use anything else.

Associate
just grab Ember media Manager and perform all the scraping with that (loads better than Mediabrowser) than when linking XMBC up it will look for the local content first

Associate
Make sure you set the content type (music, tv, movies) for each source and it should do all of the work for you. As Pho says you need to make sure your file names are reasonable but it's not all that fussy. If it does get something wrong, press 'i' for media info, select reload and it will give you a list of options.

Back
Top Bottom