Review my flyer?

Permabanned
valeting-1.jpg

Thanks

Soldato
It's ok;)

Name is a bit long... Not sure on the grey background, how are you printing it? You're going to run out of ink quick if you're doing it yourself.

How big is the flyer? That seems fairly large, will it fit through a letter box without folding or getting all cacked up? If you are folding it could you do it in a way that your company name/service is on the outside?

Could space out your lists a bit better, get rid of hyphen also.

Good to see pictures though and I like to see the list of what you're going to do, don't normally get that on flyers through the door.

You spelt electricity wrong:)

Soldato
Some general feedback:

You've spelt electricity incorrectly.
Do you not have a domain, which you can use the email for? @gmail is a bit unprofessional. Considering domains cost so little, it'd be a fairly cheap service not using one.
You need to consider what you may be known as in the future, "Will and Joe's" is the brand you seem to be pushing, but that doesnt say anything about cleaning.

The flyer itself is OK, I like the logo but the header text could be clearer in terms of it being a car wash service... although the fact its Will and Joe's makes that a bit harder. You've got a lot of unused space and it's not standing out at me. I would consider enlarging the images and cropping them so that the text details doesn't ride into the RHS and you can see more detail on the photos. The bottom could be a good place to advertise the professional products you are using. If you're prices are cheap then make them stand out.

At the moment its very "standard". I'm afraid that flyer would pass me by but it's a good start.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Ok

thanks guys

It is A4 size.. I can print it out at college, but not sure what is best? As I will prob have to fold when posting through the letter box?

Associate
Maybe a name change to WJ Valet & Wash would help with product recognition?

Other than that the points mentioned above, particulary spelling should be amended. If you are printing yourself then try to design a flyer with a white background to save ink/toner costs, they add up quickly!

If going to a printers for the flyers then speak with them about the flyer asking if there is anything they can see that would cause a problem in the printing process or might work better another way. They will have tons of experience with this and worth asking.

Soldato
If you are folding it, you need to consider that the first thing someone will see is the folded section. So you will have to design the folded section to sell your service on its own, the rest will simply provide the details for your service.

Soldato
Not sure if mentioned already but change that spacing for Shampoo, it doesn't need a hyphen an having Poo on it's own on a separate line looks weird. :)

Soldato
Another thing. Normally prints from professional services or colour laser prints on heavy paper look really cack when a large fill of colour (i.e. your grey) is folded. Get a load of crease marks and the colour sorta chips away.

Associate
Not sure if mentioned already but change that spacing for Shampoo, it doesn't need a hyphen an having Poo on it's own on a separate line looks weird. :)

Ha ha, those two lines read as "poo rinsed off". I'm sure you do rinse that off, but doesn't look quite right on a flyer!!

Would also add your phone number would read better as 07891 6414377 rather than 078916414377. I'm assuming this is a dummy number, as you appear to have one too many digits?

Last edited:
Associate
Id put a nicer car at the bottom as that one looks pretty chavvy and you probably want to give the impression that your used to cleaning expensive cars.

Permabanned
OP
Ha ha, those two lines read as "poo rinsed off". I'm sure you do rinse that off, but doesn't look quite right on a flyer!!

Would also add your phone number would read better as 07891 6414377 rather than 078916414377. I'm assuming this is a dummy number, as you appear to have one too many digits?

yeah, that's a dummy number

and thanks guys

Soldato
Chav car
Poo
Dirty colours

First three things that spring to mind when looking at that flyer and have already been mentioned :o

Apologies if said chav car belongs to you. Seriously, I'm sorry.

Soldato
Skimmed through the thread so apologies if I'm repeating what others have said. My thoughts:

Colours:
You are promoting a company which cleans cars. The brown colour to me really doesn't conjute up thoughts of cleanliness. Brown really conjures up thoughts of mud, dirt, grim etc. Which whilst yes the cleaning will of course deal with these, you really want to be putting clean thoughts into peoples minds with the colours.

Either nice bright fresh colours, or white with hints of nice fresh colours - think blues etc. COlours that willbring up mental images of water suds etc.

Photos:
The Audi covered in foam is a great pic. The Corse, while looking nice and shiny, it is not exactly an inspiring car or image. if you have any other sparkling clean car pics I'd use something else.

Background colour:
Nice as the idea is of using a tint for a background, I saw you mentioned that you'd be folding the flyers. Solid colour does not go well with folding, it'll leave at best obvious creasing, at worst cracks in the colour which will look terrible.

Following on from my comments re the colours, a nice simple white background will not only feel cleaner, it'll also get rid of any back ground cracking problems...

Size:
Personally I wouldn't go for A4 for a flyer of this type. There is not a huge amount of info on there so you really don't need that much space for it all. I'd consider moving down to A5 as you will easily be able to fit everything on the flyer at easy to read sizes and you'll get 2 flyers per sheet, so either double the number of flyers or half the printing needed...

Logo:
I like the W part of the logo with the water droplet but the rest needs a bit of work. Even simply Having the "Will & Joe's" on one line followed by the "Mobile Car wash" then on a third line "& Valeting Service" would work better I think.

Text:
Fonts could be better.

Also, I think it would be good to be a bit more clear about the pricing structure.

For example: Valet from £30. You say Full Wash and Vac plus Hand polished and waxed....etc etc

Do I get all that for my £30 or are some of those extras on top of the £30? Does the price increase with more treatments or is it based on the size of the vehicle? There is nothing to tell me this, which could put people off...

Associate
1) Change the chav car put something more prestigious there instead.
2) Prob need a lighter blue background as the orange on blue is hard to read.
3) Vehicle is not spelt properly in the second paragraph. Also, stop your text editor splitting words with -
4) Your email address should match the business name. If you have to use gmail then it should be [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom