Head Or Heart ?

Associate
I have a question for the community. In life should you use your head, that is the more logical and secure answer, to chose a path in life or to chose a career path? Or should you go with your heart, to follow something which you love and have a real passion for even if the future prospects are not as fruitful as the former?

The reason I am asking this is because I am currently in my 3rd year at university studying Law. Its not that I dont like the course but I dont have a real passion for it like some people I see there either. If I could achieve anything in the world it would be to see my name in print in a bookstore, writing and reading is what I love to do. Is this a silly dream or something which we should all pursue, should we all pursue something that makes us truly happy?

So what is it OCUK members, Head or Heart? Drop an answer and your reasons why :)

Associate
Boring!!!

Thought this was going to be a thread about where the best place to shoot someone was!
Clearly it is the head!

Associate
just follow what you thinks best, if its heart then just make sure u can live on it then if your happy the money wont matter!

Associate
OP
Boring!!!

Thought this was going to be a thread about where the best place to shoot someone was!
Clearly it is the head!

Hahahaha it is clearly the head! :p Its not boring though as many people who I know seem to go through life hating almost every aspect of their career. I just wanted an insight into other peoples opinion on this. :p

Associate
Hahahaha it is clearly the head! :p Its not boring though as many people who I know seem to go through life hating almost every aspect of their career. I just wanted an insight into other peoples opinion on this. :p

Sorry dude! I didn't even read your post, just the title!

Finsih the course and then spend a while dipping your toe into what ever you want to do. Your attitude to things will change with different experiences so in 6-12 months time you might be feeling totally different to how you do now.

Soldato
Do what you want to do. That's final. You've done Law and you say you've enjoyed it but don't have a passion. That's a good start. You don't hate it. So If I were you I'd get a job in law and kick-start your love for writing in your spare time either on your own or with evening classes. If you don't have the funds to just ditch law altogether and jump onto a different career path, you don't have to.

Google "Gary Vaynerchuk: Do what you love (no excuses!)" and watch the talk. the guy comes off as a bit of an *** but his message is pretty bold and he doesn't skirt around the issue politely.

edit: i had to post directions instead of a link because it contains swearies :(. It really is a good talk though.

Soldato
I say they work well together. Never rely on one alone. For your ones benefit, using both in cooperation would be best. It's all about judgement.

Man of Honour
Boring!!!

Clearly it is the head!

Centre mass for stopping someone, the head's a smaller target and not always reliable either, there have been a number of people shot in the head who've lived.

If you don't particularly want to do law then I'm not sure it would be a good career to follow, you'll almost certainly be working long hours and making relatively little for the first few years. After that point then you should find the money improves but whether that will be enough to assuage your apparent doubts I wouldn't know. It can be a very rewarding job if you like it but I believe it would be pretty bad if you don't so a certain level of commitment would seem to be a prerequisite.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Boring!!!

Clearly it is the head!

Agreed only I reckon if you can't kill someone with your bare hands you shouldn't kill them.
Hands round throat staring them straight in the eye has always been my fave as then you can suck the life force in as it escapes from there mouth & stare into there eyes as they pass on to the other side. :D

Back
Top Bottom