Windows 7 not genuine..what now..

Associate
I recently bought a windows 7 64 bit from a online shop begining with A and ending with n. It worked for about 3-4 months but today i get a warning come up saying its not genuine -_- suprise suprise the seller isnt registerd and a-n have told me they can not refund it as its 60days after purchase.. -_- My question is this..

Will it be okay to just leave the non genuine copy on my computer? Okay i dont get the updates but tbh i dont really care lol Will i still be able to play games etc on it for now? till i can afford another 'real copy' -_-

Last edited:
Soldato
Was it a valid COA though, stuck on the box? You can go online to see what a proper one should look like. If so, you may be able to get MS to give you a new one, otherwise, I'd pursue this through the point of purchase further.

Associate
OP
Was it a valid COA though, stuck on the box? You can go online to see what a proper one should look like. If so, you may be able to get MS to give you a new one, otherwise, I'd pursue this through the point of purchase further.

lol Sorry when i say it was stuck on the box, i mean the lable you would normally find stuck on the side of a shop bough PC was on the front of the case. It was also a hologram sticker so i didnt think it was fake :/
i'ved been sent pirate stuff on ebay before and the stickers are normally photo copies. this was actuly a realy microsoft hologrammed sticker. A-n just keep sending me copy and pastes of their policy -_- :( Tbh i only paid £65 for it so i guess i should have guessed. I may go for the ultimate version next time from OC! Least i know i can trust them :D ..either that or go back to my real vista copy... actully no id rather stick with the half working windows 7 os than that lol

Soldato
There's a good chance it's actually genuine in that case. Call MS and try to activate it via the phone system. Use the wizard in windows to attempt to activate. If it doesn't work, you can be put through to a person, who may be able to reissue a new product key. I'm not sure how/if they check the invoice or point of sale etc.

Associate
OP
There's a good chance it's actually genuine in that case. Call MS and try to activate it via the phone system. Use the wizard in windows to attempt to activate. If it doesn't work, you can be put through to a person, who may be able to reissue a new product key. I'm not sure how/if they check the invoice or point of sale etc.

just tryed activateing over the phone but still no luck -_- Im going on holiday for a week tomorrow so ill have to sort it out when i get home. :( lol ty for your help anyway :D ill try contacting microsoft then. Will i still be able to use windows 7 when i get back? or will it just block me from logging on after a while?

Soldato
Don't know the answer to that one I'm afraid. I had a similar problem with a genuine copy, but the phone wizard sorted it. All I had was a nag balloon every now and again, but I'd assume it won't last forever.

Soldato
If M$ say the code is not genuine, follow these:

A_________N ?

is it a jungle? If so, go HELP>How do I contact Customer Service>Login...

Take this info to them about this and say that the product you purchased from a 3rd party seller was not what is described, and that you have been mis-sold. Under some UK law crap, you CAN get a full refund.

Back
Top Bottom