• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8400 - how far have people got them on air?

Soldato
hopefully should have one of these chips soon, just wondering what I hopefully can push it to on air cooling (Freezer7 Pro)

heard that 4ghz+ is possible, but dont want to cook it if i am being over enthusiastic lol

Cheeers

Ben

Associate
I've got one running @ 4.0 ghz

Was getting 40-45c for idle and 65-70c for prime95 after 2 hours or so.

I'm sure it can go higher but I don't need more power from it for the apps I runs.

Associate
I've got mine at 3.67Ghz, basically on stock settings. Am sure it could go higher, but is being held back by the MB (a P43). Getting it to 3.6 was easy as pie. VID is 1.2 last time I looked. Idle is about 37-39C, under load, I've never seen it higher than 59C, also with a Freezer Pro.

Rich

Associate
Here's a question, what is the best cheap push pin CPU cooler?

(I'm not removing the motherboard because quite frankly one can't be arsed!)

Soldato
Here's a question, what is the best cheap push pin CPU cooler?

(I'm not removing the motherboard because quite frankly one can't be arsed!)

This is a bad, bad move. I can't adequately describe push pins within the bad language filter. Get one with a backplate, you don't want to bend your motherboard out of shape or to have the heatsink fall off, crashing into your graphics cards.

Soldato
OP
This is a bad, bad move. I can't adequately describe push pins within the bad language filter. Get one with a backplate, you don't want to bend your motherboard out of shape or to have the heatsink fall off, crashing into your graphics cards.

mine has been in place for about 2 years without any issues at all....F7 pro weighs nothing tbh, not likely to bend anything i would say,

Soldato

The Freezer 7 Pro is push-pin and more than adequate for all but the most extreme overclocking with zero risk of "bending" your motherboard. Stop spreading FUD.

Associate
Sorry if this is a slight derail...

I'm on a p43 MB at the moment, but might be able to pick up a p35 for maybe about £30... I've heard these are good for overclocking (compared to the P43, which seems to really struggle past 410mhz on the FSB),

Is it worth getting one to see if I can push the chip further - maybe 4Ghz? Or just stick at around 3.6..?

Cheers,

Rich

Back
Top Bottom