It keeps turning on!

Associate
My pc keeps turning itself on if its plugged in, but then it doesn't boot properly (fans spin up differently and there's no visual output). I've stripped it down to just the MB,CPU and RAM connected to the PSU and it's still doing it?

Any ideas?

Caporegime
Not sure if this would actually be the problem, but wake on LAN might be enabled? :)

Oh, and the fans spinning up differently and no monitor output sounds like a problem I had a few times before. My fans would all spin up to what sounded like their fastest setting and the monitor would just blink standby repeatedly. In the end I just reseated the CPU, Gfx card and RAM and it mysteriously solved the problem.

Associate
Could be a faulty power switch.

This

Not sure if this would actually be the problem, but wake on LAN might be enabled? :)

and this. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a combination of these two. I just use the reset switch to turn on now and don't bother having a reset switch as i CBA to replace the power one.

Associate
OP
I've taken it all apart and reseated everything, still turns on (but not properly) with only PSU plugged into the MB (no power switch connected)

Back
Top Bottom