permissions

Permabanned
OP
I'm on mac.
I'm trying to install PrestaShop but have to have the folders set at 777, so to do it all myself is going to take a long time as there lots of stuff to change.

Soldato
Can't you just run "chmod -R 777 parentDir"

That will recursively mod everything inside that directory to 777.

Or if you only want directories and not files:
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \; That will mod every directory recursively from the directory you execute it in.

Last edited:

daz

daz

Soldato
If you're on a mac, just open a terminal and run CHMOD recursively on the directory as described above :)

Permabanned
OP
Prestashop you say, interesting piece of software. Be careful if you need to buy any module for it. Especially if its a media module.
Will do, but I don't think ill be useing this as it don't seem like it wants to work.

I've tried a lot of diffrent Free shopping carts now and they all have not worked. So I think I'm just going to have to buy a £100 one.

Jo

Permabanned
OP
I'm confused on how to do that code, and I'm not sure if it's what I need. I need every single file/folder to have 777.

Command: SITE CHMOD chmod -R 777 prestashop prestashop
Response: 550 Could not change perms on -R 777 prestashop prestashop: No such file or directory

Soldato
I'm confused on how to do that code, and I'm not sure if it's what I need. I need every single file/folder to have 777.

Command: SITE CHMOD chmod -R 777 prestashop prestashop
Response: 550 Could not change perms on -R 777 prestashop prestashop: No such file or directory

if prestashop is your top level directory, you're running the commmand twice by the looks of it.

CHMOD chmod -R 777 prestashop prestashop

sould be

chmod -R 777 prestashop

and that will set every directory and every file to 777 inside prestashop.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Will do, but I don't think ill be useing this as it don't seem like it wants to work.

I've tried a lot of diffrent Free shopping carts now and they all have not worked. So I think I'm just going to have to buy a £100 one.

Jo

What do you mean it doesn't work? I think you are doing something wrong. Are you using MAMP?

Permabanned
OP
Thanks for help all. I have now done it right and it set them all to 777.
@tntcoder, There's only about 3 that don't need to be set to 777 and all the others do. So doing it this way makes it more quick then the ones I don't need as 777 I can change. (y)

Back
Top Bottom