Question about graphics cards, dual sli

Associate
Guys a while ago I bought the Ultimate Panther from OcUK

Now this computer comes with "Gainward GTX 295" Dual SLI,

now I thought this meant it was 2 graphics cards? am I wrong, or can 1 graphics card run Dual SLI?

I say this because i recently sold my computer advertising it as having 2 gtx 295s, but the buyer has now phoned me in a rant saying "where is the second?"

:o

Soldato
The GTX 295 does have 2 GT200b GPUs onboard and does run an internal SLI. However, saying it is SLI may confuse people as they will normally assume it means two cards.

Technically, two GTX 295 cards in SLI is called "Quad SLI", so "Dual SLI" for one can be justified - but I wouldn't advertise it like that tbh.

Did you not look in the case and see if there were two physical graphics cards before selling it?

Soldato
I don't know the Ultimate Panther spec myself but the GTX 295 is a dual GPU graphics card so is in effect Dual SLI but in one package.

2x GTX 295s would be 2 discrete graphics card and would be linked together.

It sounds like you owe that guy a GTX295. :(

Associate
OP
yeah it looks like i made a mistake their and will need to compensate him for a GTX 295, the question is, how much would a 6 month old GTX 295 with no box be worth?

He is saying he will accept 250

Soldato
The 295 is still worth a lot as Nvidia have yet to release another multi GPU card to replace it.

Tha Panther always come with one GTX 295 which housed two GPUs on one card. So technically speaking it has two GPUs but only one graphics card. You owe your man a card.

Associate
OP
The 295 is still worth a lot as Nvidia have yet to release another multi GPU card to replace it.

Tha Panther always come with one GTX 295 which housed two GPUs on one card. So technically speaking it has two GPUs but only one graphics card. You owe your man a card.

Yes, thanks for providing no helpful information to the thread :)

I already aknowledge i owe him for the mistake.

Associate
That's such a bummer. 295s are expensive, I would give him 250 if he says that is fine. I think even second hand you may struggle to get one for 250.

Associate
OP
It was a stupid mistake on my part, to be honest I havent opened a computer up since 2003, been using a laptop inbetween times, so the whole Dual SLI thing was completely new to be, and given DxDiag displays 2 seperate GTX 295's it put me off :p

Back
Top Bottom