Croydon

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
How can one place manage to contain such a high density of scumbags? I literally hate the place so much I've had to resort to posting about it on the internet. My commute is really pleasant until I get to Croydon where it's ruined almost every day by something; whether it's a deliberate shoulder barge, witnessing a beating, someone's terrible terrible BO, being pushed or just being unnecessarily loud or antisocial.

I'm trying to work out how a place gets like this. It's never been 'nice' there but nobody has any manners.

And what gives with the caps that are too big on top of your head with the peak pulled flat and a matching tracksuit? Don't you people ever look in the mirror?

Soldato
How can one place manage to contain such a high density of scumbags? I literally hate the place so much I've had to resort to posting about it on the internet. My commute is really pleasant until I get to Croydon where it's ruined almost every day by something; whether it's a deliberate shoulder barge, witnessing a beating, someone's terrible terrible BO, being pushed or just being unnecessarily loud or antisocial.

I'm trying to work out how a place gets like this. It's never been 'nice' there but nobody has any manners.

And what gives with the caps that are too big on top of your head with the peak pulled flat and a matching tracksuit? Don't you people ever look in the mirror?

Oh I hate Croydon with a passion, avoid at all costs. Thankfully my commute is direct to London Bridge, while it stops at East Croydon I don't have to get off there.

lcg

lcg

Associate
I don't like Croydon. I went to school there, but now that's over, I try to avoid the place. The only time I really go is when I'm meeting a friend who lives in Beckenham, as Croydon is half way between us.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
The funny thing is, it's that bad even after they got rid of a load of scum bags to New Addington.
If you ever have to get the tram in that direction they say NEW ADD ING TON in such a slow spastic phonetic way like I'm braindead and can't understand. And they have to remind you every couple of minutes that Oyster card holders will get a penalty if they don't touch in. Ok, I've heard that you're going to fine me enough times now... Even my iPod can't drown out their announcements.

I feel sorry for Wimbledon because, like Beckenham, all that tram link has done is feed a steady stream of scum from Croydon into what used to be nice towns.

Soldato
I have lived in various places within the borough of croydon my whole life, currently living in the best part of it so far (coulsdon)

brb going into town centre to do shopping and end up getting stabbed and robbed

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I quite like Croydon. I'm not from the area but have friends in Thorton Heath so go quite often, it seems the same as most other "poor" areas of the UK. Reminds me a lot of Leicester actually.

Transmission breaker
Don
During the hockey season, I have to go there for training once a week. (the other sessions are mercifully held elsewhere)

It is a bit of a dive, and the traffic is terrible in the evenings.

Caporegime
For some reason, a lot of times I walk past young black men in Croydon they always say "hello/safe". Makes me chuckle, only seems to be in Croydon too.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
For some reason, a lot of times I walk past young black men in Croydon they always say "hello/safe". Makes me chuckle, only seems to be in Croydon too.

I hate to say it but maybe it's 'cuz u iz blak!

I mean, I get the same from young indian lads I've never met before... strange.

I wonder if chinese folk have this phenomenon too? Maybe in countries like Africa or India all the white folk "nod heads" as they pass too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom