Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands

Soldato
Got this yesterday, although have only played the tutorial levels, the reviews are correct - its just average and no where near as good as SoT.

This is very much a console port - limited graphics options and visually not much of a step up from the colsole versions other than high FPS and AA.

It also has the dreaded UBI DRM - although I've not had an issue with it. The CD key is now protected by a scratch off silver strip so presumably they have had issues with game store employees stealing keys....

You can also unlock Ezio's costume from AC2 with Uplay points - but this just reminds you hoi much better AC2 is.....

I only paid £19 for it - def not worth full price.........

Soldato
Loved the Prince of Persia games, but I'd heard the forgotten sands wasn't all that good for PC as well...

I decided to not bother with it, might wait until it hits a tenner or something...

Soldato
I was waiting for the PC release, instead of picking it up for the 360. I haven't actually played any of the new 3D style PoP games, but the girlfriend is always banging on about how good the original was and after seeing some game trailers, I fancied picking this up.

Should I just pick up the new one for the 360 or are the older ones definately worth playing through before this?

Soldato
OP
Should I just pick up the new one for the 360 or are the older ones definately worth playing through before this?

Sands of Time is v good.

Warrior Within is ok.

Prince of Persia 2008 I got stuck early on and didnt bother carrying on.

I would do SoT defintely - maybe not bother with the other two.

uv

uv

Soldato
It was a nice game to play through but due to the fact you couldn't die got boring very quickly.

That, and the horrific quicktime events. I still completed it, as I'm a PoP whore, but it lacks the gameplay of the prior games. Sands of Time was fantastic, and apart from the low polygon count it doesn't look *that* bad to play through :)

Soldato
OP
Having played some more I think this is actually not bad and better than WW.

It's is still quite a generic sequel and a bit too easy but it's fun and the water freezing adds a new dynamic.

Soldato
Bought this for only £17.99 as I had a lot of points on my loyalty card but will not get delivery until Tuesday. From what I have seen it looks like the others but just slightly different locations/gameplay which is not a bad thing as IMO all the recent games are pretty solid.

Soldato
Had this a few days now. Very decent game. Similar to the other recent POP games but gfx are passable & gameplay is very smooth with minimal loading times & its very easy to pick up & just play quickly.

The Ubisoft DRM is actually a highlight as now it seamlessly auto syncs savegames between multiple PC's for you to a Ubisoft cloud server but also remembers the different config settings if you have several PC's.

Highly polished but playable console game on the PC with sharp gfx/textures.

I only paid £17.99 & would not pay anymore than £20 tops for this as even though its nice nothing you have not seen before several years ago and any PC from the last 4-5 years will easily run this with max everything.

Soldato
Picked it up cheaply and now I now why. The game is okish if you haven't played any previous 3d POP games. It brings nothing new to the series except of course couple of new moves/spells. Completed in about 6 hours I think.

Must be Ubisofts way of making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Back
Top Bottom