Anybody here with a CF475 Power rack able to do me a favour?

Soldato
OP
It may well be.

It's the one that doesn't have saber style spotters. They sort of slide in and then rotate to lock in.
cf475008small.jpg

Soldato
OP
Popped into the the powerhouse fitness in Charing Cross today.

Looks like I had the dimensions of the rack wrong in that it's 1300mm deep and 1160mm wide. But it's actually more like 1340mm deep as it has rubber stoppers slipped on the end which makes it too big to fit in my space soooooo....

I think I'll be taking a bit off the front end horizontals and it should do the job nicely.

Providing I can convince the mother of course!

They should be getting back to me with a quote tomorrow. I managed to find a better deal on weights with 245KG of cast iron plates and a 7ft olympic bar rated to 750KG for £400 hopefully they can better it, if not at least match it!

Associate
They should be getting back to me with a quote tomorrow. I managed to find a better deal on weights with 245KG of cast iron plates and a 7ft olympic bar rated to 750KG for £400 hopefully they can better it, if not at least match it!

It says on their site that if you find a better price they will match it, so if you tell them they should lower it!:cool:

Soldato
OP
It says on their site that if you find a better price they will match it, so if you tell them they should lower it!:cool:

Fantastic!

I did show the chap yesterday and leave him a list, they were going to e-mail me a quote/breakdown today but haven't!

I'm not in a rush though, well I am, but I've quite a lot of crap to move out of that passage way and a mother to convince!:p

Soldato
OP
Thought I'd post them in here than de-rail (despite it being a general topic :p) the GymRatz thread.

Few snaps:

img0844mh.jpg

img0845b.jpg

img0846y.jpg

img0848s.jpg

img0847o.jpg

img0851wi.jpg

img0850pp.jpg

img0849vt.jpg

Brief review:

Instructions

Brief, as to be expected, all diagrams, list of components. Very basic but then again it isn't exactly rocket science. As long as you look at them properly and think about what you're doing & in what order it's quite straight foward.

Will mention, I heeded advice I found elsewhere not to fully tighten bolts until it's entirely assembled. I hadn't done them fully tight, but fairly snug and this was pulling a hole out of allignment so had to loosen them off.

Pull/Chin Bars

Nice and solid, no wiggle, decent width, mild knurling. Might be slippery when sweaty but nothing some chalk wont sort out.

Dip Bars

Same as Pull/Chin bars really. I thought the holes on the spotter catcher were quite far apart and they are, however it seems to be an okay-ish position actually. Will comment more after some proper use. The rack did tip slightly, but should be fine once it has a loaded oly bar on it or some plates on the opposite rail. Dipping bars don't fit into the vertical rails, I had planned to use them as extra spotter catchers but this isn't possible.

Overall finish

Very good for what the rack costs (sub £300). Few blemishes/knocks but these may well have been me and provided it stays functional and does the job I'm not fussed!

Spotter/Catchers

Nice and big as you can see. Different to the ones in store, much bigger and look heavier duty. (might have been an old model in store?) Only 1 set though. However the vertical uprights have notches on both sides of all 4 rails so you can press from outside the rack on both the front and back which is good. Or use some on the back to counterbalance if you have a very heavy load on the front.

Deffinatley going to put some rubber or something similar inside the catchers and across the spotter rails to stop them getting damaged.

Stability/Build Time

Mine does have some carpet on it too at the moment though it is pritty solid. Minimal movement and I feel quite safe within it.

Should take around 2 hours. Built it all on my own apart from the last part where I had some assistance holding the section with the bars in place while I put a bolt in either side.

Overall so far I'm very pleased :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cool bit of kit :cool:

:cool:

Hey! How you get dip bars? I want :(

Looks like they don't do them for 375:(

Used the catcher to do some inverted Rows and then used the Dip Bars for some hammer grip inverted rows. Under-estimated the knurling on the bars for pullups , ripped my hands to bits!

That looks awesome and some serious dedication getting it in that tiny spot for a workout!

Cheers, where there's a will there's a way ;)

Soldato
OP
will you get full use out of it in such a small space? you cant fit a bench in there can you?

iirc its just for legs as the equipment at his gym isnt enough?

Yup, spot on. Just to train legs really. Though I can use the pull up bars, dip attatchment, just about do overhead press in there and row/deadlift.

Have a gym 1 minutes walk away thats reasonably well equiped, just not for legs :mad:

When I move out I'll be able to use it fully, didn't buy a bench as at current I have no where to put one.

Caporegime
You don't need a bench, swiss ball and dumbells press on it :)

huh? doesn't that override the purpose of a power rack, if you use dumbells they cant get caught on anything, you could use a swiss ball and dumbells anywhere there is no need for a rack in that setup, all you would need is some mats for floor protection

Back
Top Bottom