I cried watching kids cartoon movie!!

Permabanned
I have always considered myself a 'blokey' bloke, playing footy, drinking with the boys, Messy lads holidays, ride a big motorbike, you know the gig. The other day I was watching a film with my wife and this scene came up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g

and suddenly I just burst into tears! I have never cried before since I was like 8 years old, and there is no logic at all ..

Question primarily to the guys - have you ever cried or found yourself whelling up at some (intentionally sad) part of a film when you really shouldn't at your age - and been thoroughly embarrassed about the whole episode?

My wife was very nice about it .. she looked at me and just says harshly 'OMG what on earth is wrong with you, sort it out, you're not 5 years old'!! :/

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah not crying lol but did see UP and felt really upset during that sequence and then the sequence when he finds her scrapbook at the end of the film.

Associate
Those particular scenes got my eyes in a bit of tears, but didn't cry like a girl.. It's quite touching :p

If you were a mate of mine and I had seen you in tears whilst watching a movie, I'd call you a wuss :D It's just how it goes....

Soldato
I cried a small bit the first time I saw it at that point too, then again though not as badly at the scrapbook scene. Almost cried again the second time I saw it even though I was expecting it.

It was in the cinema and I was sitting right next to a big blokey guy as well and he was sobbing by that part so I didn't feel too bad having to wipe away a few tears. My gf on the other side was pouring tears as well. It's just Pixar being brilliant at what they do and transferring emotions through an animation character better then anyone else in the world.

Associate
My woman cried like a baby at those scenes... When I see her burst in tears during a movie, I find it cute and a bit upsetting at the same time.. but when it happens to me or another guy, I just think "That's just the gayest thing" even though I don't really mean it. lol

Soldato
Thats a very well-done movie but scenes like that have no effect on me. I get emotional on a different level when it comes to movies (Its cool how we're all so different huh!...the brain is a fascinating thing)

I only feel strong emotions of wonder if watchin a movie or documentary...that give a lump in my throat - but its rare. For example it happens every time I watch Apollo 13.....the choral soundtrack when they reach earth orbit and take their helmets and gloves off and they all float away and they're all grinning.....Im like "Wow....us puny humans can actually LEAVE the planet...wow just wow..."....and I get a bit quiet...

The part Im on about starts at 5:09. Turn up your sound.

Back
Top Bottom