I cried watching kids cartoon movie!!

Associate
Iron Giant, that scene still gets me.

Cats and Dogs, the bit when Lou "dies"

Saving Private Ryan, the end when it cuts back to the present.

Also cry at Futurama, the one with Fry's dog, and the one with fry's brother+lucky clover.

I'm a big softie.

Soldato
Oh god, that Futurama episode Luck of the Fryish. I had completely forgotten about that. That was an unexpectedly emotional episode for me.

Soldato
Oh god, that Futurama episode Luck of the Fryish. I had completely forgotten about that. That was an unexpectedly emotional episode for me.

The one with the royal jelly/giant space bees got me worse. Just that bit right at the end where it shows why he's been dreaming of Leela, chokes me right up.

Permabanned
Seen Grave Of The Fireflies once when Film 4 showed it and I flatly refuse to watch it again.

The ending of AI nearly caught me out, but the only thing to make me properly, uncontrollably cry like a baby was the above-mentioned piece of exquisite animation.

Soldato
Seen Grave Of The Fireflies once when Film 4 showed it and I flatly refuse to watch it again.

The ending of AI nearly caught me out, but the only thing to make me properly, uncontrollably cry like a baby was the above-mentioned piece of exquisite animation.

Are you sure? You porbably just didn't get it....

Permabanned
I got me, well and truly.

I'd like to watch it again as I'm sure there's bit and bobs I missed the first time round, but knowing what's coming just makes it all the worse.

So until someone sits me down and makes me watch it again, I refrain.

Permabanned
The thing that always gets me about Up is the story of the little girl in America who was dying from cancer and held on for the film. The Pixar team went out with the film on DVD so that she could see it as she was too ill to go to the cinema. IIRC she died a couple of hours later.

Soldato
The thing that always gets me about Up is the story of the little girl in America who was dying from cancer and held on for the film. The Pixar team went out with the film on DVD so that she could see it as she was too ill to go to the cinema. IIRC she died a couple of hours later.

That was pretty heartbreaking. I read a lengthy article on it, and her parents had to describe what was happening in the latter stages of the film to her because she couldn't muster the strength to keep her eyes open.

On non-fictional stuff, this makes me cry every single time and always inspires me to be the best human being I can be.

Soldato
Just remembered a film my sister rented a few years back called Running Free. It's about horses and she's into all that sort of thing, so the rest of us left her to watch it in the living room. Whenever I walked through, she was bawling her eyes out at it, so it must be fairly sad.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I watched UP yesterday too, and while I didn't shed any tears it did make me feel sad at losing his wife without fulfilling her dream. I wasn't expecting a sad movie going by the title "UP" !

Back
Top Bottom