A good place to work part-time temporarily?

Associate
I graduated from university last summer and I am currently looking for a 'proper job' in Asset Management in London. The process for all the banks I'm applying to will take several months and any job offers are likely to be for a training programme starting around September.

I would like to fill the time before then doing some sort of job, in any sector really, but would like to hear some suggestions of what sort of thing might be good. Ideally the hours would be flexible so I could work as often or as infrequently as I like so that it fits around other commitments (like job interviews). I've got 3 years bar work experience so could probably walk into a job doing that but I'd be more keen to do something else if possible. I live in central London so I would have thought that pretty much anything is available.

What part-time/temporary jobs have you guys done in the past? I would love to hear some suggestions of jobs that were vaguely interesting to do, or ones that should be avoided at all costs.

Associate
If you can get to Slough (number 81 bus from somewhere near hounslow took me there seven years ago) then you could be a 360 game tester for Microsoft.

Pay is shambolic, and the place is too, but its testing games ;)

I think VMC Europe still has the contract for hiring.

Before getting into the games industry, I was a rollerblading waiter (to answer your lst paragraph) on shaftesbury avenue. I don't think there is a smiley that could accureately convey the emotions I feel about that :)

Soldato
In before Mc Donalds appears

You get to create your own Hybid lunch :)

bahaha, cant belive I worked at a Maccy d's in my college days. Luckily I left to work at a Marriott for part time work, infact, working at the Marriott hotel was one of the most fun jobs I had, I was working with practically people I went to school with, we always used to mess about, steeling the golf buggies and driving them across the golf coarse, we even managed to roll it once down a bunker

Pasty spotting whilst serving and looking after weddings, meeting celebs, getting tips, steeling bread rolls, drink, getting drunk on nye, free gym membership (and boy was there gym/swimming good) having food fights after guests have left a business dinner conference :)

Last edited:

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Ann Summers do employ men, I used to know I guy who worked there. I think there was some sort of rules regarding him dealing with dildos though, might be wrong about that.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
You're a bit late for the Asset Management Graduate positions.

As for temp jobs, for the 2011 Census they are hiring people. You are employed by the Civil Service and some of the positions give good people management experience.

https://censusjobs.co.uk/fe/tpl_census01.asp?newms=info1

From the ads ive seen those only start about March/April time?

Im also looking for something temporary, until about March, when im planning to go on holiday for 3 months :D

Applied to Waitrose, hopefully hear back from them this week.

Back
Top Bottom