What to do with a load of uni books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
People certainly buy them around the uni here. Stick up adverts with a contact number and price them reasonably, should get some bites. Whether it's worth it or not depends on their value.

Soldato
People do buy them, yes. You can eBay them, or put a flyer up around your department if you're still going to be there next year.

Soldato
I find a well known online book shop is the best place to sell text books, students around uni generally want massive discounts so I tend to avoid :p

Caporegime
OP
Discrete Mathematics for Computing - Rod Haggarty
Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in Java
Human Computer Interaction 3rd edition - Dix Finlay
Software Engineering 8th edition - Sommerville
Computer Networks A systems Approach 4th edition
Objects First with Java, A practical introduction using bluej 3rd edition
Computer Science Illuminated - Dale Lewis

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Selling old uni books = effort. Mine are all still in my old bedroom at my parents. I graduated 3 years ago and technically haven't lived at home since 2005 :/

Caporegime
OP
Selling old uni books = effort. Mine are all still in my old bedroom at my parents. I graduated 3 years ago and technically haven't lived at home since 2005 :/

I wish I hadn't bought them now honestly, never really needed them. The lecturers at my uni probably only recommended them because they were the ones who wrote them.

Associate
Keep them. I have all my old textbooks and I flick through some of them now and again. Since there's no "OMG I must learn this now!" pressure its a little more enjoyable to browse them than it was when I bought them. Though it gets comments when people come round I always keep a textbook in the bathroom as reading material (not as emergency toilet paper before anyone says!).

Out of interest what does "Discrete Mathematics for Computing - Rod Haggarty" cover?

Soldato
Given that they're books you bought for your course, you're best off waiting for September then getting a message to the new freshers doing the same course. Simples.

Associate
I have a bunch of comp science books in almost perfect condition, do people buy 2nd hand books, or should I just donate them to the library?

Members market? Some of the books you've listed sound pretty interesting, I'm sure they would get some interest. I guess any remaining could be donated to a charity or library, as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom