Android 2.3 (Monte Carlo) predictive text = crap

Caporegime
I got the Orange Monte Carlo for my sister to replace her old Samsung flip phone but the predictive text on the android is annoying at best.

She told me it is really hard to write out a text without some uber accurate finger placement and I thought she was just being picky. But I tried it, typing the same way as I do on the iPhone and it isn't possible to get even the simple words out. Typing the letters Y I U on the iPhone, it will autocorrect it to YOU as it should but on the android is simply doesn't when it is obvious.

There are Suggestive words that comes up when you type but autocorrect is just rubbish.

Does anyone know a solution? Some pack I can download or something?

Last edited:
Soldato
Never had an issue with the predictive text on the desire, or finger placement. Maybe you just need to type better? :p But in all seriousness, doesn't that phone have a 4.3" screen (which is big!) so texting should be easy. I think beerbaron is right, try an aftermarket keyboard from the marketplace, and see if that helps. :)

Soldato
How do I do that? As in with iTunes I use app store, I am not familar with android.

Should be an app on the phone called Market (or Marketplace). Click that, and then once in the app just do a search. :) Should bring back results which you can scroll through, read user reviews, etc, etc. If you choose one you like just click Download and it'll download and automatically install to the phone.

Soldato
Predictive text on 2.3 gingerbread from the market is good. Sometimes you have to turn predictive on cos its off by default, I'm talking Android keyboards in general.

Last edited:

One

One

Soldato
There could be an actual problem i guess. Have a look on youtube for videos showing text input, see if her phone is doing what the videos show.

Soldato
A.i.type keyboard (with the windows 8 skin) is the best software keyboard I've used on any phone.

Isn't the monte carlo a bit slow?

Back
Top Bottom