Mobile flash is dead

Associate
Think this is the best way to go as AIR is much more suited to mobile than the mobile flash player is with AIR giving access to native features like camera, giroscope etc .

Soldato
I find this decision pretty annoying to be honest. One of the benefits on Android and other platforms is the ability to use Flash - a small benefit, but a benefit nontheless.

Now, thanks to Apple's complete refusal to entertain the prospect of Flash on any of their devices, everyone else has to suffer too. Thanks guys.

Soldato
I doubt it was entirely down to Apple, Flash has been on the way out for a long time.

It hasn't exactly stormed the world on other phones, but it's nice to have the choice, and to see active development from Adobe which has improved responsiveness, battery life etc.

Soldato
Does this mean you Android guys can't use Flash as a stick to beat us Apple guys with anymore?
<3 ;)

Oh no - one of the many, many, many features Android users used to beat-up Apple users is being taken away.

Does being beaten with 19 sticks hurt that much less than being beaten by 20?

Soldato
Oh no - one of the many, many, many features Android users used to beat-up Apple users is being taken away.

Does being beaten with 19 sticks hurt that much less than being beaten by 20?

Your opinion, not mine :) but lets not get into that. Im glad the battery draining resource hogging <sweary> is gone.
Now we can see some proper development on tools of the future rather then clinging onto the past.

Soldato
As long as it's used all over the web I'd still rather have the option of it on my phone. I'd like to see something more fuller in detail than this article though.

Soldato
Stopping development doesn't mean Android won't have flash any more, just won't get new versions.

Surely Adobe wouldn't be stupid enough to remove it from the Market completely for a long while yet?

So no, it's still "another stick" ;)

Man of Honour
Any significant sites that use Flash (not that there are many, aside from adverts) will have to change to HTML5 though, whether they like it or not.

Back
Top Bottom