My chat with 02

Soldato
So i contacted 02 live chat,wanting to know why they have not released the latest firmware/android for my phone (Samsung GT I5500 Galaxy) which is still on Version 2.2.

This is what i got.

Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.

You're through to Advisor.

Advisor: Hi I'm ..... How can I help?

Shane: hi,I was wondering when will 02 release the firmware/android update for the mobile phone "Samsung GT I5500 Galaxy" as its still on version 2.2.

Advisor: Let me check this for you.

Shane: thanks

Advisor: Thanks for waiting.

Advisor: I've just checked this and it'll be released soon.

Advisor: Once it gets released, it'll be updated in web site.

Shane: okay,what is this date please?

Advisor: I'm sorry, the date is not available with us till now.

Shane: Im sorry if this sounds rude,But if the date is not available with you till now....then how do you know its going to be released soon?.

Advisor: I can understand but as I can see in my system, is showing to be released soon. Please check the web site after 4-5 days for this.

Shane: well il check back in 4-5 days like you mention,But i feel its not good enough on 02s side because its been out for ages now and 02 are way behind.

Advisor: I can understand that, You also can get in touch with us for this and we'll update you about this.

Advisor: I'll share this with my manager.

Shane: id appreciate it if you would share it with your manager,I know its not your fault or anything i appreciate your help,But i do think they should be releasing the latest android update now,i know this phone is capable of running 2.3.

Advisor: I really agree with your point.

Shane: thanks for your help anyway and il check back on the website in 4-5 days time,then if need be contact a manager at 02 about this.

Shane: thanks again.

Now it took her forever to reply to each question,seemed to me like she was just making it up and could not really answer my question. :confused:

What you guys think?

Permabanned
2.2 is still the current Android version on this phone. Who knows if Samsung will release 2.3 or not, but operators definitely can't until that happens.

(You could have saved yourself a lot of time and just found that out with Google btw ;) )

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Reads like they aren't English either

Im not English!

I don't use Android, but can't you just install your own ROM with the latest android version?

I could,But i dont want to risk bricking the phone and messing it up,I know it can be done though and android 2.3 will run on this phone as its been tried and worked.

2.2 is still the current OS on this phone. Who knows if Samsung will release 2.3 or not, but operators definitely won't until that happens.
Il try contacting samsung and see what they say,But i feel that the Advisor at 02 was just feeding me crap...i dont think they know themselves if it will be released or not. ;)

I think... You should use a space after commas. And then get a life.

Why are some people such idiots with their comments on this forum? stop been such a smart arse please if you cannot make a decent comment without been offensive then dont comment at all.

Permabanned
Il try contacting samsung and see what they say,But i feel that the Advisor at 02 was just feeding me crap...i dont think they know themselves if it will be released or not. ;)

Yeah they probably should have said we have no information from the manufacturer regarding any future upgrades for this handset.

Back
Top Bottom