Short Term Loans

Associate
Hi folks,

If you needed to borrow £4000 on a short-term basis and you would be paying that amount off within 2 months maximum. What would you do? Would you take our a personal loan and repay early? What other options are available?

I have an excellent credit history and rating and already have an interest free credit card (3K limit) although I can't use that for this.

Soldato
Problem with applying for credit cards, they don't tell me how much credit they want to give me - presumably they might if I rang up?
Maybe. Do you need to borrow it very soon? Overdraft will be the fastest and easiest way, and the total interest charge over 2 months will be very little - maybe £100?

Soldato
Overdraft or credit card.

If you have an excellent credit record, and I assume you will have a good wage if you intend on paying 4k back in 2 months, you should get £4k+ easily.

Just got £4.9k credit on a barclays card i'm just using for the 22 months balance transfer.

Soldato
0% credit card.

I got a Bank of Scotland All in One 0% credit card a few months ago and it told me what my credit limit will be at the end of the online application.

Back
Top Bottom