OcUK needs you @ Rosetta@Home

Associate
Our old enemies The Pirate Fleet are 1 place behind us in the stats and have just boosted their production.

They will overtake us soon if we don't get a bit of a boost. It's a great project (with similar goals to f@h) and we don't need to throw massive amounts of crunching power at it in order to make a difference.

Our team is already 65th in the world and could easily go higher.

The project is for CPUs only and uses the BOINC software.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, I have Rosetta set to 8% of my crunching time, when I get back on Fri, I will up it to 25-30% across 3 machines. If we are pushed I can give you a quad core cpu for a while and let the GPU get on with seti, MW, Einstein..

Associate
I took part in the anti raiding party last time so i'm up for this again, hopefully they will come here again to bait us.

what is the best equipment for this as i'm used to folding, CPU or GPU (ATI)?

Associate
OP
Welcome aboard sailors (sorry, couldn't resist). For some history of the conflict between these scurvy riddled scum and the good fleet of OcUK you can check out the records of past battles..

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17902042&highlight=Pirates

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17903178&highlight=Pirates

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17981330&highlight=Pirate

...and those ones are just in Rosetta. We've had skirmishes with them in other projects too. :)

Soldato
Well am slap bang in the middle of a build one cards not working cant decide what to do tearing my hair out, sure i'm in ... the scurvy riddled scum indeed ..... attached and crunching :D

Eeeek have gone bald overnight .....oh yeah christmas is over i miss the festive smilies allready:(

Last edited:
Associate
Will start off at 8% but that go go all the way up if needed. My rise up the Seti ranks will be stalled untill i can get a few bits together for a rig at home.... and make a suitable space in the loft so i can hide it there from the wife :D

Soldato
I've added Rosetta to help out. My prefs at the moment are 50/50 between Seti/Rosetta. As Rosetta seems to be CPU only will the 50/50 split only affect my CPU (ie split output between the two projects) and my GPU's continue to crunch Seti? If that makes sense ;)

<edit> Apparently it does, happy days. Half my CPU output is now crunching for Rosetta, glad to help. :D </edit>

Last edited:
Associate
put 2 cpus towards this, I upped my 2500K up to 4.9 as well and the temps are stable at 68ish, i have to have it down at 4.4 while folding and that still gets hotter than that.

i'll keep them on here untill i need to do some video encoding in a week or 2

Associate
What's with all the 'high priority' WUs? I've now got 11 part finished units because it stops one set of high priority mid way through and starts another set.

I have a ton of units waiting and the deadline on all of them are 20th/21st Jan.

Man of Honour
The is the real reason they darent show their lilly livered gizzards, is we discovered the truth of their identities.
gaypirates.jpg

Associate
OP
Looking good guys :D

Already a nice boost in production. The pirates are still close but can they match our new production? Also, we were overtaken a few days ago by a team called CircleStorm and I didn't think we would match them but now I think we can re-take them. :)

This team should have a warning painted on it... "Overtake at your own risk". :D

Back
Top Bottom