Beating highstreet prices on contact lenses?

Soldato
Looking at getting back into using contact lenses and have a 3 month old prescription for them so I know the exact strength I need. Now, the lenses I currently get are £13 per month, but can these be had cheaper by reputable websites?

I've had a quick google and it appears so, yet I'd rather ask first before blindly ordering a few months worth of lenses so I can avoid being scammed.

I use daily wear (last 1 month each) lenses which are -1.75 power each with 8.4bc and 14.1 dia.

Any ideas?

Associate
Looking at getting back into using contact lenses and have a 3 month old prescription for them so I know the exact strength I need. Now, the lenses I currently get are £13 per month, but can these be had cheaper by reputable websites?

I've had a quick google and it appears so, yet I'd rather ask first before blindly ordering a few months worth of lenses so I can avoid being scammed.

I use daily wear (last 1 month each) lenses which are -1.75 power each with 8.4bc and 14.1 dia.

Any ideas?

Just out interest, how long can you wear your dailies for until they start to get a annoying?

I use monthlies which I buy from Asda, 6 months supply is about £48.

Soldato
OP
Just out interest, how long can you wear your dailies for until they start to get a annoying?

I use monthlies which I buy from Asda, 6 months supply is about £48.

12-16 hours after around a week of getting use to them. Varies depending on how often you blink! Sounds daft but its 16 hours average when I don't use a PC, but more like 12-14 tops if I use one.

I've used www.lenstore.co.uk and www.getlenses.co.uk before and they're both spot on.

Noted, I'll compare now thanks

There's also daysoft - good service and prices

Same as above :D

Associate
Random but I found that Specsavers (assuming you bought 3 months in advance) were the cheapest by a country mile.

normally used my local optician or contactlenses.co.uk

Soldato
Thanks for that link mate, they are badass prices, im going to order some tonight myself, £5 a box is great deal

Associate
I use daysoft when i run out of specsavers lenses, always deliver very quick, and actually seem more comfortable than the spec savers ones after I get used to them

I get mine from www.contactlenses.co.uk... Always been good and standard next day delivery, also don't have to produce any form of prescription like I know you do for a lot of places.

Doesn't cost me too much, I wear the 2 weekly ones.. but to be honest (and I know I shouldn't) I wear them probably for about 2-3 months every day and there fine. Cant even remember last time I had an eye test as I seem to just adjust them on the website when I notice my eyesight getting better/worse...

Done me well for the past 10years.

Really? I thought by law they had to get hold of a presciption. Are you sure they're not ringing your optician (I know Tesco ring mine)?

I'll save that site :)

Positive..

Never once has the website asked for any of my details (other then the obvious name delivery address etc)..

And pretty impossible they are ringing my optician, seen as I don't even know who my optician is lol.

Associate
Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's my bad eyesight (-27 lens here!) but I get mine from an eye hospital. Last time I think it was £47.50 and will wear well as long as you don't lose it, then I change prescriptions every 3 years or so. Not a lot of money to pay for 3 years. Obviously double £47.50 if you have 2 eyes but I only have 1 eye lol.

Back
Top Bottom