How much to re-spray rear quarter panel?

Caporegime
Ambiguous question; I apologise. I'm looking for some ball park figure prices to re-spray the area around (and including) the rear arch on my 09 Focus. It's become apparent that the previous owner must have had this panel repaired and they didn't use decent/much paint as it is wearing off after a few washes (have had the car since September last year).

It's metallic silver, and I'm not after perfection. :)

Many thanks.

Soldato
Double that to be honest. I was quoted £400 + VAT to get a colour match on my door.

I was charged £170 per panel for some dent removal and paint work on my MX5. Was a pretty damn good match on 22 year old red paint, too. That was cash in hand so add 20%, ahem, and you're pretty much there.

Soldato
When my C1's front offside wing was bashed in I took it to a local recommended body shop/sprayers (they do a lot of restoration and exhibit vehicles at the London-Brighton run each year) who filled/polished/resprayed & colour matched the wing for ~£160 inc VAT and it looks absolutely perfect. The official dealer wanted ~£400 + VAT to replace the panel and colour match it, so it's worth ringing around.

Soldato
I paid £160 for the rear left arch area of my S2000 to be sprayed after it was keyed along it's length.

Probably not quite a large an area as it is on your focus though. £400 sounds over-priced though. I paid less total for rear bumper, front bumper + filling/smoothing.

Back
Top Bottom