What to do/ask for for 18th birthday

Associate
So, in a couple of weeks it is my 18th birthday and my parents are nagging me because I have not asked for a lot. I have asked for driving lessons :)p) and a couple of blu-rays, but they are still asking me. What should I ask for? I am already happy with the stuff I have plus, having a job means I can get what I want whenever I like.

And recommendations? Alcohol is already on the list :D

Last edited:
Soldato
unless, since you've got a job, you put in some money as well for the car. That is if you want one and are likely to be able to drive...

Soldato
Tell them, too save some money for you when you go to university, so you don't get too much debt from a student loan.

Associate
OP
unless, since you've got a job, you put in some money as well for the car. That is if you want one and are likely to be able to drive...

Could do, Don't work many hours but might be worth doing.

Tell them, too save some money for you when you go to university, so you don't get too much debt from a student loan.

Already got a student loan. That is a good idea actually. Ask them to put the money away to pay a small chunk off later :D

Permabanned
Motorbike
Computer
Holiday
Watch
Nice Suit
Clothes
Crocodile Shoes - £2500
Money towards a car - when you want one.
Money towards uni

Also content (adj) and contempt are very different. :)

Soldato

The interest rate is so low that there isn't any real savings to be made paying it off early. You'd be better putting the money into a savings account (hell, even a current account would probably do!) as you'd make more money than the interest on the loan would cost (though I believe it's going up slightly this year).

Remember, the debt gets wiped after 25 years or so - so if you ended up in a job that didn't pay well (for whatever reason) then there's a good chance some of it will be wiped.

Back
Top Bottom