Where to get 98 RON?

Soldato
Since my 'new' car recommends 98 RON if available I thought I might start using that. But I'm struggling to find places that even sell it?
My local Sainsbury's et al don't.

Where do you get the good stuff? And anyone based in Shrewsbury who knows where to go?

Edit: To clarify, I mean Super Unleaded rather than 98RON specifically

Last edited:
Soldato
Both the Sainsburys I regularly get fuel from sell super unleaded, though I don't know if it's 97 or 98. Any Shell station will have V-Power (at a price!) and the larger Tesco stations sell "Momentum 99" which is 99 RON.

Soldato
OP
Sorry, I should have clarified - I'm not after 98 RON specifically, just 'super'. Tesco is doable though the other side of town which is a bit of a chore (about 5 miles through town). The nearest Shell is a few miles out of town.

Sounds like I'm just in a rubbish area for decent petrol :p

Soldato
OP
you can shove in ron booster with normal petrol, same difference :)

millers was the product I used, the difference in knock was actually quite astounding

Out of interest what car do you use it with, and why? (rather than using higher-octane fuel, assuming you stick in 95 at the moment). Also how much does it cost?
Cheers

Soldato
Esso/BP/Total all list their Super as 97, I don't know about Texaco. Like people have said Tesco/V-Power is rated at 99, im not sure about ASDA/Morrisons. I haven't had a car that uses super in a while so don't really pay attention to it any more but I remember how annoying it was when a station didn't have any /grr.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;22268885 said:
I don't think it is - Super Unleaded is 97 RON whereas the higher RON stuff like VPower and BP Ultimate tends to be 99 RON.

I use Sainsburys Super. It's 97 RON but it's fine.

Yeah, Optimax (replaced by V-Power) was 98RON but I can't think of any others.

Man of Honour
Isn't BP ultimate 98RON?

Also it is not true that any Shell station has Vpower, I've seen stations that do no stock it.

Really, where? Shell do not have a Super Unleaded product that isnt VPower so you are suggesting there are Shell sites with only two grades of fuel, this seems unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom