Olympic Opening Ceremony

Soldato
Great to see Muhammad Ali there but heartbreaking to see him in such poor health.

Still the Greatest though.

I didn't see the point of him being there, what was he meant to represent? The sad state of social care for the elderly? Looked like he was doing pretty well, unable to move or stand, but a nurse to hold him and sort his piece.
He lit the cauldren at Atlanta, and that should have ended his involvement.

Can't see the reasoning behind including him now.

Permabanned
Thought it was great, it built well, but really, there was no need for even more David Beckham.
Has a non-olympian ever played so many roles in an Olympics before?
I truely do not understand the English fascination with that man, and why it is felt necessary to put him in the foreground of every scene.

Twas a good opening ceremony, hope he isn't there to ruin the actual events, or the closing of it.

He did a pretty good job of getting the Olympics in the first place to be fair.

Associate
Thought it risked being a cliche ridden lot of nonsense but it was actually really rather good in parts and pretty good overall. Nice one London Olympics!

Cauldron was amazing, also liked the industrial forging of the rings.

Associate
9/10

like many others, i was expecting a cheesefest of cringe but I was completely blown away. The 5 rings meeting near the start and the cauldron at the end were just amazing.

One point deducted for the "texting" bit though. That was cr@p, but it was at least mercifully short.

Soldato
It was a very good show, but if it had all had been as good as the industrial bit with the forging of the rings it would have been a great show. The Cauldron though is an excellent piece of design. I wonder what the rest of the world though of it though.

Back
Top Bottom