Kingston SSD Deal. Very sweet!!

Caporegime
I have this drive and it boots Windows 7 in 20 seconds.

Skyrim loads screens in about 1.5 - 2 seconds every time.

i have the regular v200 version and i boot in 21 seconds (timed using bootracer which waits for all disk io activity to stop) but thats counting
gigabyte bios splash screen
bios POST screen
raid controller bios thing where it detects my drives
me pressing enter to choose which os i want to boot into

Thats the V200 mate, not the V+200

The Chap who posted this post posted V200 results and tried to claim that its faster than the V+200 :rolleyes: One obscure result showing a test that doesnt represent true to life performance does not constitute for a slow drive being quicker than a fast one.

The V+200 found in this thread HERE shows that it is faster than all similar drives such as the Agility 3, S510, Force 3 etc and is most cases seems to trade blows with the likes of the Vertex 3 and S511 etc

its in a completely different league to the V200.
neither are those benchmarks you link to true to life either which is why they are reffered to as synthetic.

its interesting in the real world the v200 has file copy times much faster than the v+200 though.

in reality on a day 2 day basis i doubt anyone would notice a difference if someone broke into their house and swapped a v+200 for a v200

Last edited:
Caporegime
I just counted, so I might try that bootracer when I get home
v200
wy3TR.jpg

windows must have optimised my boot order or something :S

If your willing to spend the extra money than yes ! Better quality, higher life expectancy and 8GB more space than the kingston... plus the Samsung name
better life expectancy as in what? lifessd will probably show all decent ssds as having 8-10years expectancy and kingston isnt known for a high failure rate

if i didnt already have a v200 i would probably go with the v+200 from ocuk , not because of any speed difference but because its a lot easier to get support from ocuk than the competitor and i spend more time on these forums than any other etailer.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i have the regular v200 version and i boot in 21 seconds (timed using bootracer which waits for all disk io activity to stop) but thats counting
gigabyte bios splash screen
bios POST screen
raid controller bios thing where it detects my drives
me pressing enter to choose which os i want to boot into

neither are those benchmarks you link to true to life either which is why they are reffered to as synthetic.

its interesting in the real world the v200 has file copy times much faster than the v+200 though.

in reality on a day 2 day basis i doubt anyone would notice a difference if someone broke into their house and swapped a v+200 for a v200

This is why once a drive has everything installed even an 100Mb/s drive due to access times etc will feel as fast as a 500Mb/s drive.

Caporegime
This is why once a drive has everything installed even an 100Mb/s drive due to access times etc will feel as fast as a 500Mb/s drive.

anyway as i said people who spend time on these forums and like the suport you can depend on from ocuk may aswell buy the v+200 from here

no one is going to notice a difference between either drives in the realworld so choose the etailer you think offers the best service

Soldato
Think I'm going to pass, the SSD might be good, but the size is just too small, It would have like 10gb at the most free space after I move my games and stuff onto it...also you don't get the cable...

Soldato
OP
Kingston 120GB SSDNow V+200 Drive SATA 6Gb/s - (SVP200S3/120G) @ £59.99 inc VAT

HD-023-KS_400.jpg

Kingston’s SSDNow V+200 is designed for everyday business — but there’s nothing ordinary about it. This innovative drive features a second-generation SATA Rev. 3.0 SandForce Processor for best-in-class sequential read/writes combined with Asynchronous NAND for exceptional quality and performance at an affordable price. It’s the perfect balance of performance and affordability and easy to integrate into corporate asset refresh cycles. V+200 offers Data Integrity Protection that features DuraClass™ Technology plus RAISE™ for advanced data reliability. V+200 is available in a range of capacities to meet your business needs.

- Multiple capacities: the right capacity to meet your storage standards
- Endurance: Data Integrity Protection featuring DuraClass Technology
- Dependable: RAISE™ for advanced data reliability
- Secure: Self-Encrypting drive
- Durable: DuraWrite™ optimizes writes to extend endurance
- Guaranteed: three-year warranty
- Sustained random XXk read/write: 120GB – 20,000/44,000 IOPS
- Max random XXk read/write: 120GB – 85,000/55,000 IOPS
- Max Read: 535MB/s
- Max Write: 480MB/s

Was £99.98 Inc. VAT

Only £59.99 inc VAT.