SO how many are upgrading from the 4s to the 5 ?

Associate
I thought to myself why bother, bought the new retina ipad in May and received my MacBook Air just the other day. After looking at the new device even more I love the new design and larger screen. The battery life on my 4S is pathetic, it's still under warranty for another week so I might see if apple can fix it and I'll sell it and buy the 5.

Soldato
You know what, I think I've actually changed my mind and I'm not going to bother.

Looking at it objectively, I really can't see any point. My 4S is absolutely fine. I don't want a bigger screen. I don't want a thinner, lighter phone. I don't need anything faster.

So what's the point? Think I'm gonna switch to a sim-only contract and wait another year or so.

Associate
If anyone of you lot get it and think why did I do that, Cex are paying more for the phones cash than what you pay got an online one, assuming us keep it pristine.

Associate
You know what, I think I've actually changed my mind and I'm not going to bother.

Looking at it objectively, I really can't see any point. My 4S is absolutely fine. I don't want a bigger screen. I don't want a thinner, lighter phone. I don't need anything faster.

So what's the point? Think I'm gonna switch to a sim-only contract and wait another year or so.

That's definitely the sensible thing to do but the lure of a new phone is hard to resist ! :(

Soldato
if i can get a nano sim which is exactly the same deal as my current rolling o2 sim (which has UNLIMITED 3g) then i probably will upgrade.

will o2 give me a nano sim like that i wonder...?

Associate
You should have spent the money on English lessons.

edit - i see you're from Georgia so i'll let you off.

your English is just perfect :D

what languages u know plss remind me

oooo english only with mistakes :D

should have dear thats the right form :D

p.s i sold it in Tbilisi for 450 pounds as it was in mint condition and sold as new

here 32gb version costs about 650 pounds and in Georgia we doesn't have official Apple retail store new iPhone will be available only after month and for 2500 pound and more.

Last edited:
Soldato
I considered buying one with a giff gaff SIM, but the price is obscene. If you factor in the handset only over 24 months its still a minimum of £22 p/m, which means the contracts will be even more obscene.
I'll wait and see what the Lumia 920 offers, but most likely go for a SGS3. I thought about a One X but the battery life is supposed to be as bad as my Desire HD, which is dismal.

Associate
I considered buying one with a giff gaff SIM, but the price is obscene. If you factor in the handset only over 24 months its still a minimum of £22 p/m, which means the contracts will be even more obscene.
I'll wait and see what the Lumia 920 offers, but most likely go for a SGS3. I thought about a One X but the battery life is supposed to be as bad as my Desire HD, which is dismal.

I have the One X and i have to say i havnt had a problem with battery life :)

Soldato
Tbh if nothing better comes out before it launches im going to be upgrading from the 4 to the new Nokia Lumia. The 5 is a massive fail imo, should be called the 4.5, its basically an XL 4 with loads of useless features :(

Associate
I'm in for a 64GB model. I'm hoping the reception is better than the 4S which is rubbish, and it drops calls all the time.

Someone managed to drop mine and smash the back and mess up the microphone a bit, so I might as well get the new one rather than replace it with a 4S.

Soldato
Nope, but I've got a dying HTC Desire on 3 that I can't use due to poor coverage, so I'll be gunning for an iPhone 4S on Orange shortly. I'm hoping prices will drop on the 21st when the 5 starts shipping, but I fear that any "price drop" for the 4S that would have been triggered by the 5's release would have happened by now.

Oh well, we'll see on Saturday morning when I get down to the Orange store in town I guess.

Soldato
Upgrading my contract free 4s to 5, probably not the best upgrade I've done but it'll be a really really nice phone anyway. I can't see any other phone worth looking at right now, I think think android phones are a real mess (owned several) and the windows 8 mobile just isn't my thing.

Don
On the one hand I want one because it's shiny and new.
On the other hand, I'm not sure I can be bothered as my 4S doesn't have any particular weak points that the 5 resolves.
The 4 to the 4S was a no brainer for me as the 4 was too slow and the 4S had a superb camera. The 4S still feels snappy so I'm kind of in a "meh" situation with the 5.

I have to say though, that Lumia 920 looks very tasty indeed.

Back
Top Bottom