Windows 8 In 3 Minutes

Soldato
Most users I deal with have enough trouble remembering where stuff is even when it's clearly in front of them on screen, let alone having to use hidden shortcuts and keyboard combinations, utterly ridiculous. I feel for anybody buying a new computer who isn't at all pc literate as they are going to struggle massively :(

Soldato
You don't have to use any keyboard short cuts :confused:

Overreact much?

Don't be a drama queen now :) I'm just pointing out that I think a great many people (and I am not talking about the likes of anybody using this forum) buying pc's with Windows 8 are going to be stumped. As stated, they have enough difficulty remembering how to open their email when there is a clearly labelled shortcut right in front of them, hide stuff and they're going to get nowhere fast.

Soldato
A lot of businesses have only just upgraded to Windows 7, I can't see them rushing to Windows 8.

when u deal with people who are not computer literate and have just managed to be fluent in windows 7, installing this on any of my companies work machines would be an utter disaster.

Mary the 60 year old temp clerk would have a heart attack trying to using this.

edit: and yes we recently just upgraded to windows 7, we wont be upgrading to 8 for at least 5 years

Associate
when u deal with people who are not computer literate and have just managed to be fluent in windows 7, installing this on any of my companies work machines would be an utter disaster.

Mary the 60 year old temp clerk would have a heart attack trying to using this.

edit: and yes we recently just upgraded to windows 7, we wont be upgrading to 8 for at least 5 years

Really think Microsoft have made a big mistake in not explaining about the bottom left corner or getting people to use the start key (unless they've updated the intro video it only refers to the right corners for charms and charms > start is an ugly method).

I keep seeing people not going to the bottom left corner because there's nothing there which in fairness makes complete sense.

Back
Top Bottom