Asus Padfone

Soldato
Other specs of note include LTE, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with GLONASS support, and a custom new 13-pin dock connector that supports Micro USB 2.0 and MHL connections.

So it does, my bad. I'd hate to have proprietary connectors.

Soldato
http://www.gsmarena.com/pricing_and_availability_of_the_asus_padfone_2_detailed-news-4958.php

ASUS will launch the Padfone 2 and its tablet station first in Europe (Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, and Sweden) and Asia (Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and U.A.E). The smartphone/tablet should be available there in the beginning of December.

So... where's the UK?

And it does seem a bit pricey, but considering the specs and the 2 in 1 combo... I'm still very tempted :p.

Associate
When it comes out, is there any chance it'll get released on any carriers or would we have to buy it sim free? It's supposedly coming to the UK early next year so I'm guessing Feb-March

Associate
I was browsing ebay and saw the PadFone 2. So I bought one. The guy shipped it FedEx from Taiwan within half an hour which is fast!

Cost me £627 for a 32GB model with the tablet dock and FedEx shipping. I love FedEx because they send you a tax bill after you get the phone delivered and no up front payment.

What is really interesting is that the phone actually has 1800Mhz LTE support so it will work on EE as well so when I do get my Lumia 920 I can use it in the PadFone 2 as well.

Associate
I have no idea unfortunately if it even will come to the UK on contract. I think the price I got was very fair with free shipping.

It will take 5 days which I'm not thrilled about but I trust FedEx and I don't want to pay £100 for shipping!

Associate
What I love about this is you slot the phone in and all your apps and settings are the same.

Your sharing your internet connection on the tablet as well and the phone is charging at the same time.

Associate
According to Fed Ex on Tuesday although I hope it might arrive on Monday but doubt it as they shipped it international economy which I take to mean that they will take as long as possible and not be as quick as possible!

Associate
Always been interested in this phablet since I saw it, I like the idea I'm just not a massive fan of the cost. I know the phone specs are pretty damn good, just have to wonder if it's worth the cost over a nexus 4 and 10 and some how syncing things between them.

However I am going to admit that the more I look at it the more I want it. Please could you do a little review of it when you have had time to play with it a bit?

Soldato
Always been interested in this phablet since I saw it, I like the idea I'm just not a massive fan of the cost. I know the phone specs are pretty damn good, just have to wonder if it's worth the cost over a nexus 4 and 10 and some how syncing things between them.

However I am going to admit that the more I look at it the more I want it. Please could you do a little review of it when you have had time to play with it a bit?

It's not worth the cost because simply, the screen resolution of the tablet isn't high enough for a 10" device.

I do like the phone though, a 13MP BSI camera sensor, good build quality, S4 Pro inside and Asus keep their modifications to Android very minimal and do usually update their devices quickly.

Back
Top Bottom