The Fashion Thread... personal tastes, musings, and recommendations

Soldato
Double denim generally is seen a bad fashion no no, if you are going to do it, make sure there is a big difference is colour, dark blue jeans with light denim shirt and break it up with a white t-shirt or something or you'll look a bit like the Cookie Monster.

Yeah I know but the jeans as I am would wear it with are black jeans but slightly faded so it would not look like double denim at all.

*edit* I am a bit drunk.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Hi fashion gurus. :p

I'm looking for a new suit, budget £200-500 max. I'm fairly skinny but about 6ft 1 tall so am looking for brands which have a really good, tight fit around the chest. Obviously I will go and try stuff on, but it'd be good to get a few pointers for brands. Ideally, it should be fairly modern in style and I don't want to look like a banker.

Thanks!

Soldato
Hi fashion gurus. :p

I'm looking for a new suit, budget £200-500 max. I'm fairly skinny but about 6ft 1 tall so am looking for brands which have a really good, tight fit around the chest. Obviously I will go and try stuff on, but it'd be good to get a few pointers for brands. Ideally, it should be fairly modern in style and I don't want to look like a banker.

Thanks!

If you are in/close to London visit Suit Supply. They have modern suits, with good detail and quality at a great price.

http://www.suitsupply.com/suits/Suits,en_GB,sc.html

Soldato
More pics! I hate hate online shopping, but I like coming in to this thread and seeing lots of nice things to buy (and of course, lots to avoid)

Caporegime
I wanted something like this for the winter

rIakW.png

...only not £350 :(.

Bought this in the end, mainly for work. Arrives on Monday. Got a 42 as that's my chest sized, only that was the second smallest size available and it's probably fairly tailored, so I fully expect to be swapping it the very same day. Online clothes shopping can be a bit of a nightmare like that, but still better than traipsing through town centre imo.

Associate
Right guys looking for some advice and a wardrobe overhaul. Gone from working in a crap office to working for myself. So going to chuck out all my old cheep rubbish shirts.

Im looking for a nice but not expensive shirt to go with my brown with a light blue pin striped trousers that I can wear when I have to attend meetings or see clients. What color/style do you think?
I'm thin and a 15.5 collar.

Also most of the time I work from home but was thiking can you get away with a nice pair of jeans and a shirt?

Permabanned
Right guys looking for some advice and a wardrobe overhaul. Gone from working in a crap office to working for myself. So going to chuck out all my old cheep rubbish shirts.

Im looking for a nice but not expensive shirt to go with my brown with a light blue pin striped trousers that I can wear when I have to attend meetings or see clients. What color/style do you think?
I'm thin and a 15.5 collar.

Also most of the time I work from home but was thiking can you get away with a nice pair of jeans and a shirt?

Depends on what your business offers IMO.

I wouldn't say shirts are that varying in quality unless you have a stupid amount of money to spend so it's mostly color/pattern you'll want to look out for. Obviously if you wish to be seen in a professional light it's just the same several colors you can choose from really.

Associate
Yep all bagged up in a charity bag.

So what color would you recommend with brown trousers, take it that it should be a plain shirt if the trousers are pin striped

Caporegime
Quick heads up that American Eagle has 40% off, some nice stuff and the polos fit me awesome!

£15 shipping, which is damn cheap considering.

Man of Honour
I was in the market for a casual jacket with a layered effect and set myself a budget of £250 for something nice I could wear out and about but wouldn't drop out of fashion (a barber jacket just seemed too obvious).

Tried on several and had my heart set on a G-Star Raw that was slightly over budget.... until I chanced it in H&M and bought an equivalent that looked practically identical for £17.50 :eek:

Great fit, good textures, snug and warm... perfect. BILLY BARGAIN \o/

Caporegime
Quick heads up that American Eagle has 40% off, some nice stuff and the polos fit me awesome!

£15 shipping, which is damn cheap considering.

Wouldn't you have to pay customs? Which could be anything really depending on how they much they insure the parcel at.

Soldato
I was in the market for a casual jacket with a layered effect and set myself a budget of £250 for something nice I could wear out and about but wouldn't drop out of fashion (a barber jacket just seemed too obvious).

Tried on several and had my heart set on a G-Star Raw that was slightly over budget.... until I chanced it in H&M and bought an equivalent that looked practically identical for £17.50 :eek:

Great fit, good textures, snug and warm... perfect. BILLY BARGAIN \o/

link?

Back
Top Bottom