Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

InQ

InQ

Associate
Ribble Stealth ultegra di2 :)

Have you seen it in the flesh? (I know you are a long way from Preston!)

Really nice finish in the frame, looks fantastic. They have a R872 with Di2 and Deda Zero parts in the "showroom".

I'm still considering a new bike and the Ribble is very much on the list, dont know if i can justify £3k on a Canyon CF SLX Di2!
Also looking at the top of the range Sensa at Merlin cycles and Dolan Ares SL at Dolan, both of Dolan and Merlin (and Ribble) are local to me.

Also seen the BMC Roadracer SL01 Di2 on Evans:- http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/roadracer-sl01-ultegra-di2-2012-road-bike-ec031068

tbh i'm more leaning towards the Ribble R872 (Stealth) with Di2 and Deda Zero post/stem/bars for £2270 (stock wheels would be sold).

Associate

Really nice finish in the frame, looks fantastic. They have a R872 with Di2 and Deda Zero parts in the "showroom".

I'm still considering a new bike and the Ribble is very much on the list, dont know if i can justify £3k on a Canyon CF SLX Di2!
Also looking at the top of the range Sensa at Merlin cycles and Dolan Ares SL at Dolan, both of Dolan and Merlin (and Ribble) are local to me.

Also seen the BMC Roadracer SL01 Di2 on Evans:- http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/roadracer-sl01-ultegra-di2-2012-road-bike-ec031068

tbh i'm more leaning towards the Ribble R872 (Stealth) with Di2 and Deda Zero post/stem/bars for £2270 (stock wheels would be sold).

im looking around this price and spec too. dolan are great but they always scrimp on the wheels. i have a ribble winter so want something a bit different but youre right about how it looks. even better in the flesh

at the minute its a canyon ultimate al di2 but have started to look at wilier

if you could get the CF SLX thatd be amazing. thats what id love but its a bit too steep for me. meant to have an amazing frame. long back orders on them though (must be good)

Soldato

I haven't seen it no, just plenty of pics! I'm going with stock wheels as i've got some campy neutrons to put on - think i mentioned this before. Might have to desticker them though, campagnolo wheels and shimano ultegra groupset :eek:

On a different note, might take my rear wheel down to my local bike shop to get it looked at - it's got a bit of "wobble" in it, even after i've tightened it up, and I'm wondering if it is no longer laterally true :( I've adjusted the axel clearance as described here on page 19:
http://www.campagnolo.com/repository/documenti/en/Neutron-UK-1006.pdf
But I'm not sure I did it right, I tightened it right up but the hub still seemed free, I've been told that it should end up locked if you tighten it right up?

Soldato
No bib shorts, so it looks like I'll be off to decathlon. Probably better quality anyway. I may look at the base layers. Beware the track pump, bargain hunters. I got one last time round and it was crap.

the bib shorts at Decathlon are way better than the ones I got from aldi/lidl last year.

Soldato
Boo Hiss.

I wan't to see pics of Royce hubs, what's taking so long?

Pregnancy. Spent yesterday in hospital following some weirdness and have come home from holiday today early as a result. I was planning on doing some building this weekend (as soon as I find my spoke driver) but I think that's just been taken out of my hands.

On the subject of Campag though, they have two things going for them; they are silver and they are cheap. Hell of a lot cheaper than I expected anyway.

Soldato
Campag & cheap aren't two words I thought I would ever here together. Most of my mates with Campy stuff are always complaining how expensive the bits are?

Soldato
pedestrians and oxford street = GRRRR i thought everyone was taught on how to cross the damn road since they started to walk.. by the looks of it people that love oxford street have never crossed a road and act like animals... that often get hit by a car and killed.

Soldato
One more month on my cyclescheme!
you know what that means!!!
NEW BIKE TIME!

anyone got any recommendations? I'm really after something with Sram (guess I'll only get apex for £1k) I think I'll use the Secture as a winter hack with the new one as summer/race best

Caporegime
20 miles this evening. Quite a good run. I felt quite strong and got quite a few achievements. I did the whole thing in the big ring and stood up for some of the climbs, rather than changing down, which I don't normally do on some of the climbs on there.

A car driver took the time to congratulate me on my excellent cycling. At least, I think that's what they said, though it did sound a lot like they said "idiot". That can't be right, though, because I was covered in reflective bits and bobs, wearing a helmet, my bike had lights on it, I was riding sensibly, the whole lot. I must have misheard them... Seriously, when we're all forced to find new ways to get around because petrol becomes unfeasibly expensive, and the government finally sorts out some decent cycling infrastructure, and riding a bike becomes truly accepted, I like to think that someone will thank those of us who were there first, riding on shoddy roads and enduring abuse from dangerous drivers, those of us who started the revolution.

Last edited:
Associate
All the cycling I do really is doing nothing for my food belly

Having serious problems cutting down snacks/cake/carbs im taking in, need shock therapy

Soldato
That's true.
tbh I'm not really fussed about carbon. I'd rather have Alu and it be cheaper (and not worry as much about it getting trashed) and I just don't like the look of any of the planet X alu bikes.

I'd love a rose but tbh they arn't as cheap as they where.

well, no, what I want is a Genesis Volant 00 with Apex/Rival

All the cycling I do really is doing nothing for my food belly

Having serious problems cutting down snacks/cake/carbs im taking in, need shock therapy

tbh I find I'm starved after a ride, so it's always best to have something good to eat rather than having to resort to snacks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom