Show us your drawings/artwork

Associate
Thanks TheMeekon for the feedback, I've been using http://www.anatomy4sculptors.com/ for some reference. Is there any part that you think is really off and needs looking at for the next round I do?

I did layer up using a mixture of the ClayBuildUp and ClayTubes brushes, no smoothing. It also has a grey mat on with a slightly higher cavity then normal along with the contrast being upped a tad to make them stand out a bit, I think that might be giving off a bit of a harsh look?

Associate
Hey

It's like your missing the layers of fat etc on top of the muscles. Almost like you have enjoyed defining muscle groups too much! Subtle definitions to show the muscles connecting/weaving instead of appearing separate.

Right now the anatomy that stands out to me as being off are the feet/ankles, side profile looks like he is wearing an armor plate on his back, the chest definition (as in the clear slice vertically) and his super tense cheeks! Also his knee cap looks like it missing with it being so defined.

Also you could benefit from letting it relax, he seems to be sculpted in an extremely tense pose, I would not like to tense every muscle like that.

I'm far from good myself but that's what sticks out. Its far more advanced than your first models.

Zbrush is amazing isn't it :)

Soldato
8695768388_f483cf4000_z.jpg

Not finished yet..
8695768448_3425fd296c_b.jpg

8695771806_5ef29625ca_b.jpg

8695771890_882783ac48_c.jpg

Again, still a little left to do...
8695771828_ee0431f121_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow ^ excellent last few posts - really like your style for the last one specifically krisboats.

My last two,

Both A3 - pencil drawings, shaded using promarkers.

Reference pictures made in photoshop/limited colour palette

tiger___promarker_pens_by_darkelmarko-d63hn30.jpg

porsche_911_carrera_4s_by_darkelmarko-d63478b.jpg

Soldato
Forgot to include these ones, dunno how as they're two of my favourites.

8695768308_a04a69e355_c.jpg

8695768330_0fb7d35fe9_b.jpg

All of them have been drawn on a samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet using an app called autodesk sketchbook pro. The autodesk software is used in a few mainstream games, like borderlands 2, which is what got me started in the first place :D

Associate
Forgot to include these ones, dunno how as they're two of my favourites.

8695768308_a04a69e355_c.jpg

8695768330_0fb7d35fe9_b.jpg

All of them have been drawn on a samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet using an app called autodesk sketchbook pro. The autodesk software is used in a few mainstream games, like borderlands 2, which is what got me started in the first place :D

Sorry mate but I have to say this, I'm really not a fan of paint overs. You're really not teaching yourself anything. There seems to be a growing trend of people doing this right now, especially painting suicide girls. People should be stating what original image they used.

The incredible hulk is a direct paint over of a cg model. In a way the original artist should be referenced.

http://jonas.cgsociety.org/gallery/633803/

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry mate but I have to say this, I'm really not a fan of paint overs. You're really not teaching yourself anything. There seems to be a growing trend of people doing this right now, especially painting suicide girls. People should be stating what original image they used.

The incredible hulk is a direct paint over of a cg model. In a way the original artist should be referenced.

http://jonas.cgsociety.org/gallery/633803/

Spiderman was as it was the first image i'd ever done, painting over taught me a lot about the brushes and how the program worked. Hulk wasn't aside from the basic outline of the shoulders and position of the chin. Iron man outline was copied but all details and shading were added freehand. The rest are not. If it was a direct paint over for the entire image then fine, i can see your point. But it wasn't.

Associate
Spiderman was as it was the first image i'd ever done, painting over taught me a lot about the brushes and how the program worked. Hulk wasn't aside from the basic outline of the shoulders and position of the chin. Iron man outline was copied but all details and shading were added freehand. The rest are not. If it was a direct paint over for the entire image then fine, i can see your point. But it wasn't.

You're painting over someone's hard work and not referencing it, simple as. Use it as inspiration but don't pass it off as your own please.

The hulk is a direct paint over, it aligns perfectly in PS and you can see it by the eye anyways. It's a bad habit to start with, PS is just a tool and the real work is in the understanding.

Paint overs really irritate me, sorry!

Associate
You're painting over someone's hard work and not referencing it, simple as. Use it as inspiration but don't pass it off as your own please.

The hulk is a direct paint over, it aligns perfectly in PS and you can see it by the eye anyways. It's a bad habit to start with, PS is just a tool and the real work is in the understanding.

Paint overs really irritate me, sorry!

BUSTED...

Caporegime
I can understand the aggravation with the non-referencing part, but if it helps him learn then fair enough I think...As you say though, as long as the work isn't passed off as his own or at least the original owner is referenced it should be fine really.

Associate
This was a portrait of Katy Perry I did in September, 2010. I had only been using Photoshop for a month :3 No paint over's here ;)
katy_perry_by_optinium-d2zo1fs.jpg

I then redid the image again in April, 2012 and got this far...
katy_perry_wip2_by_optinium-d4vhuwm.jpg

I then redid it AGAIN last month and ended up with this after ~6 hours...
katy_perry_attempt_3__3_by_optinium-d63u4m0.jpg

... By no means 100% precise, but it was really nice to see how far I'd come :D Good thing about observation painting or portraits is it's easy on the creative mind but you can learn a lot by just looking...

The image all of them were based off is here :- http://www.yourcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/katy-perry-Strawberry-ring-02.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom