Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Lusting for a BMC team/timemachine

Guy on BR just got one. It looks lovely.

In other news, i just mounted a TV wall bracket for a 60" lcd in the garage:

D386682A-B884-4416-A1C3-2B72152E11E3-13200-00000C62ED9B1609_zps89f15df3.jpg

Fits my Saris Bones perfectly:

7EE67785-4899-4A32-9D31-7E5521DB2B08-13200-00000C62F56CEF8B_zps3aa21bc2.jpg

Looks like I've got space for one more frame and then I'm done.....

Last edited:
Caporegime
No the UL AL is different, it's a custom canyon jobbie which makes replacing a bit of a pig. And if you don't order the stem cap theres a giant stash hole in the stem.

There's a girl who rides with us sometimes (I say girl, she's older than me) who rides a white Canyon in the summer. There's a hole in the top of the fork on her bike. I guess that explains it. She has been known to ride around with a flower sat in there.

Soldato
No the UL AL is different, it's a custom canyon jobbie which makes replacing a bit of a pig. And if you don't order the stem cap theres a giant stash hole in the stem.
Or might just be the CF & SLX actually:

I think that is the same as the aeroad. I dont have the solid cap, so i can see right through the steerer :cool:

edit: see through steerer is not as cool as i thought after reading the post above :(. I dont put flowers in mine though.

Soldato
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
[DOD]Asprilla;24204658 said:
So jealous of your Bob Jackson. I keep getting so close to pulling the trigger.
I keep thinking of sending mine off to be refinished. Unfortunately it got a few salty days over the winter and it's actually looking a bit sorry. It could really do with the chrome fixing up and a repaint.

[DOD]Asprilla;24205484 said:
In other news, i just mounted a TV wall bracket for a 60" lcd in the garage:
DON'T scratch that Peugeot :D

Associate
should have gone CF. Just teasing :p

White or black and what spec?

Edit: Saw your sig and though someone had stolen half my KOM's for a brief moment. :mad:

Shut up you!

I got the AL 7 (too poor to get the 9) in white. I did order the VCLS 2.0 seatpost though :)

Edit: Actually that's a lie. I did look at the AL 9 but it was out of stock in my size. If it hadn't have been I might have closed my eyes, ignored the price and bought it anyway...

:D

I was round at Rob's the other day, so saw his little collection of bikes. He was telling me how the Canyon bikes come pretty much built, and all you really have to do is get the wheels and pedals on.

The amount he's got I should have just got into his ribs to let me buy one. He'd never miss it. Then again he's not my biggest fan over the KOM combat business. He's thrown his toys out of his pram on some of his local rides now about people 'abusing headwinds on short rides'.

Do you know where we're off to this weekend? That ride you went on last week sounded like fun. I'll happily sit on the front if we can get a decent pace going. Either that or another hilly one if the naysayers can manage it.

Or might just be the CF & SLX actually:

http://www.canyon.com/_en/shop/?category=F03&item=1740#tab-accessories

I think that is the same as the aeroad. I dont have the solid cap, so i can see right through the steerer :cool:

edit: see through steerer is not as cool as i thought after reading the post above :(. I dont put flowers in mine though.

The Ult AL definitely has the hollow steerer thing. I've ordered the cap to keep flowers out. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Yo

Anyone bristolish based and fancy helping out at Bristol bike project? Tuesday evenings are about fixing up donated bikes and run from 7 til 10. I co-co-ordinate the session - ask for Keir.

Www.bristolbikeproject.org

You will learn mechanics the hard way working on rusty old hell bikes. It'll make working on your own bike seem a pleasure.

Caporegime
Tonights Ride

http://app.strava.com/activities/51580966

Had a clif bar before i left the house this time so felt quite a lot better going round compared to yesterday

We probably narrowly missed each other!

Here's my evening's ride.

I went out exploring to try to get between two places I knew must be connected, and success was mixed. My first shortcut worked a treat, so spurred on I headed off down a single track road which went from paved to unpaved to gravel deathtrap in the space of about 500 yards. I would have coped on my MTB, but I didn't want to risk it so I got off and walked. Downhill on slippy gravel on 23mm tyres = no. This is why God invented cyclocross bikes and rally cars. Once I got back to civilisation I managed to pick up the pace, but my average speed for the ride was still even more arse than usual.

Still, that ride takes me to over 1,000 miles for the year to date, so yay.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally got my 2013 Planet X Stealth SRAM Rival Time Trial bike. :)

It has no pedals and I'm unsure what to get... I went for M324s last time as it gave me the option of a flat side if i couldn't get on with them. I get on with SPD fine.

Which ones should i go for?

Obv lightest = best but I'm after something less than £50!

Associate
Finally got my 2013 Planet X Stealth SRAM Rival Time Trial bike. :)

It has no pedals and I'm unsure what to get... I went for M324s last time as it gave me the option of a flat side if i couldn't get on with them. I get on with SPD fine.

Which ones should i go for?

Obv lightest = best but I'm after something less than £50!

shimano r540 or look keo

Soldato
And boom :)

classics-challenge-v3-100.png

That'll be my last ride until the Grand Fondo on Sunday now which is going to be a beast @ 120 miles and a silly amount of hills so a good week off to recover (work).

few guys from truro cycling club are off to do the big one there. give em a wave if you see em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom