Metro Last Light - Thread

Soldato
At 2560x1440 or 2560x1600, players will require 2-Way SLI GTX TITANs, 3-Way SLI GTX 670s, 3-Way SLI GTX 680s, or Quad SLI GTX 690s to enable 2X SSAA, resulting in an effective resolution of 3584x2016 at x1440, and 3584x2240 at x1600. On the Quad GTX 690s, higher levels of SSAA should also be possible.

So far all has run perfect for me with 2xAA on 670 Sli. Reading this I expect some slowdown later on.

Soldato
so this game is optimized really well then???

that nvidia article basically says this game looks better than 2033, but it also runs better.

nice to see.

Soldato
Crossfire doesnt seem to be much use with this game.. at least at the moment with the average fps

Without crossfire...

Average Framerate: 29.95
Max. Framerate: 51.41 (Frame: 4094)
Min. Framerate: 7.53 (Frame: 3423)

With crossfire....

Average Framerate: 31.35
Max. Framerate: 94.08 (Frame: 5344)
Min. Framerate: 10.93 (Frame: 3329)

Caporegime
okay played first 30 mins of it .

upto yet looks very good settings wise some nice details and movement. skin textures up close look a bit disappointing but overall looks very nice.

someone said it looks better than crysis 3 earlier it doesn't. crysis 3 on highest settings cant be beaten by any current game and this included. does look like it will be a great game though and i will stick a video up tomorrow or day after.

Soldato
Does anyone else feel the slight input lag in the game? Not sure if its input lag or just feels slightly sluggish compared to other games, maybe its just my PC

Had a go at this last night and put everything to high as I thought it would kill my 690 @5960x1080 but to my surprise only got to 60% usage! cranked it up to ultra high and turned AA to x2 and it still worked fine. :)

Caporegime
Just fired this up for a go and I'm getting horrid texture flicker.. ? Was working perfect yesterday.

you do get the odd flicker i have just been recording and i get odd flicker now and then in certain shadows. some people have edited somewhere to stop this but i believe all that does it play in dx9 instead of dx11.

Soldato
you do get the odd flicker i have just been recording and i get odd flicker now and then in certain shadows. some people have edited somewhere to stop this but i believe all that does it play in dx9 instead of dx11.

My whole screen is flickering. Just trying the non beta drivers.

Soldato
Can't wait to play this loved the first one need to finish my exams first though and people should get some screenshots up in the screenshot thread! :D

Agree. I loved Metro 2033 (I love dystopia novels so Metro 2033 was up my street)

Excited for this, but I dont buy games when they first come out these days (except for a few notable exceptions)

Also wait for better drivers etc...

But I am excited to see how the game will run on my system.

Soldato
Anyone else have the issue with the mouse having different sensitivity's for x and y. I cant find a way to change the values separately and make them the same.

Lum

Lum

Soldato
So far I'm up to Venice (no, not the one in Italy), past the point in TotalBiscuit's review.

Still enjoying the game, it's still linear as hell mind.

Any idea how long this game is? I remember the last one being surprisingly long.

Currently working from home, so tempting to just alt+tab away from the laptop RDP window and play this, say I had a really weird bug to fix that took me hours, or something. Mustn't give in..

Soldato
You can download the Metro 2033 novel / book (not the comic) for free from Steam if you use a US VPN, for some reason the book was only made available to US Steam customers. Here's the store link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/43163/

It will probably say not available if you are in the UK, but searching for Steam US in google gets you to the US store and searching there you can find the novel.

Pretty sure using a VPN would unlock this. The book is in PDF format.

Back
Top Bottom