Metro Last Light - Thread

Soldato
Seems to be related to tessellation i believe, i've had that too once and mine is set to very high.(apparently it causes flickering and texture issues randomly)

I have googled and its seems LGS can cause it to.

Running the Benchamark I set tessellation to high/very high. But after running the program the settings say its not supported.

Options: Resolution: 2560 x 1440; DirectX: DirectX 11; Quality: Very High; Texture filtering: AF 16X; Advanced PhysX: Enabled; Tesselation: Not supported; Motion Blur: Low; SSAA: OFF;

Associate
Question. Has MLL been updated?
Saw the below at a well know cheat site..

v1.0 = v1.0.0.1
v1.1 = v1.0.0.2 = Patch #1 (16-05-2013)
v1.2 = Patch #2
v1.3 = Patch #3 (21-05-2013)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I just exited the strip club after exchanging a bullet for a lap dance.

Interesting.... They've sure animated those physics quite well.

Lum

Lum

Soldato
As far as a game is concerned^^

Nah, I've literally seen better (as well as far far worse) in second life :p
edit to clarify: I was talking just about the physics, not the character model.

I thought that scene was pretty cringeworthy tbh.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm stuck on the bit where I reach the church and have to kill the big thing before I can get in. Comrades are shooting the little ones leaving me to kill the big one that slaps the crap out of me and I end up running out of ammo.

What?

I assume there's a special way to kill it?

Last edited:

Lum

Lum

Soldato
I'm stuck on the bit where I reach the church and have to kill the big thing before I can get in. Comrades are shooting the little ones leaving me to kill the big one that slaps the crap out of me and I end up running out of ammo.

What?

For the most part just run around and avoid getting hit. Your comrades will also be shooting at the big one. Occasionally they stun it and I put a few shells into its back but I'm not totally sure that's even necessary.

Someone else on here reported success with claymores, but I'd suggest you keep those for the next level.

Most of the boss fights in this game seem to be more about running around than about shooting I've found. It's a bit odd though I guess it fits in with the whole ammo conservation thing.

Lum

Lum

Soldato
As a general rule, if you don't mind breaking the immersion, I find that any section where you have someone with you who can shoot, don't shoot unless you have to. Your comrades are all invincible so just hide behind them and let them waste their ammo.

Yes it's a cheese-tastic way to do it, but it works well enough.

I'm probably going to run through it on easy next and try to get the shadow ranger achievement.

Soldato
Although I'm only part way through the game, it makes Bioshock Infinite look decidedly average in most areas. Graphically it seems half a generation ahead for one. I don't see how IGN can rate this a 7.7 or am I not yet to get to the part where it becomes dire/repetitive?

Permabanned
OP

What?

Yes there is. A pro tip :D

When you were in Venice, if you listened to the conversations you would have heard that they tried using the shrimp plate for armour, but it was useless as it became brittle after a while when it was taken out of the water.

Guess why you were given so many incendiary grenades stashes before you reached the Church? ;)

Claymores and Amo that thing will consume. Just use the grenades, set it on fire and pump a few mgr bullets whilst running around and it will be down in no time.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
okay I spent almost 10mins waltzing around it and my gas mask ran out of filters and I died, fail!

Just read the above so will try that :p

Lum

Lum

Soldato
Although I'm only part way through the game, it makes Bioshock Infinite look decidedly average in most areas. Graphically it seems half a generation ahead for one. I don't see how IGN can rate this a 7.7 or am I not yet to get to the part where it becomes dire/repetitive?

Because it's from a small Eastern European company who don't spend any money advertising with IGN?

Associate
Great game, but I just get so many crashes. Only happening in Metro, but it just seems to freeze a few minutes into starting up a game which is making it not very enjoyable, any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom