Metro Last Light - Thread

Soldato
Although I'm only part way through the game, it makes Bioshock Infinite look decidedly average in most areas. Graphically it seems half a generation ahead for one. I don't see how IGN can rate this a 7.7 or am I not yet to get to the part where it becomes dire/repetitive?

Although its never becomes dire it has become repetitive a bit for me now, as most shooters tend to do.
However still a top game

Soldato
Great game, but I just get so many crashes. Only happening in Metro, but it just seems to freeze a few minutes into starting up a game which is making it not very enjoyable, any ideas?

You got any overlay apps running? like MSI Afterburner onsceen display? stuff like that can cause it in this game.

With the latest drivers i've only had two random crashes in the game.

Soldato
Played 15 minutes of this and really enjoying it. Captures the same atmosphere that 2033 did.

Performance is a bit sketchy, but there is an issue somewhere as since reinstalling the latest NV drivers it seems to have disappeared.

Playing at full settings 1920x1200 and SSAA at 4x on Titan two way SLi :)

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9477/metroll2013052916342882.png

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1619/metroll2013052916082359.png

Great game, but I just get so many crashes. Only happening in Metro, but it just seems to freeze a few minutes into starting up a game which is making it not very enjoyable, any ideas?

If you're using Fraps or have Teamviewer running for whatever reason that may be a cause? Would do the same for me with these running.

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing that is still disappointing me after 2 runs through, 1 on Ranger Hardcore the other on Ranger is the incredible over abundance of filters.

I ended up with 30 minutes of filter time left at the end of my Hardcore run and 45 at the end of the Ranger run, as a result I never felt any urgency to make any haste through the outdoor segments.

Lum

Lum

Soldato
There's some ammo lying around in the section before but, yeah you're probably screwed, you have to shoot that thing in the back, the game makes it pretty obvious when to do so, so maybe try throwing knives?

Edit: Post below is a good call. I keep forgetting you can do that.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone else feel the slight input lag in the game? Not sure if its input lag or just feels slightly sluggish compared to other games, maybe its just my PC

Had a go at this last night and put everything to high as I thought it would kill my 690 @5960x1080 but to my surprise only got to 60% usage! cranked it up to ultra high and turned AA to x2 and it still worked fine. :)

Vsync in this game introduces a lot more lag than usual ;)

Only added that as i was wondering myself and google showed this thread as one with " input lag "

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Have to say even though I'm a die hard Half Life fan, I'm enjoying this game way more than I did with HL2 or any other FPS to day I'd say. So much immersion with the ambience of the game.

One of 2 conclusions sounds intriguing :D

Lum

Lum

Soldato
One of 2 conclusions sounds intriguing :D

It just means you get to play the whole game again, and this time find all the secrets and avoid killing any humans (except on "The Chase" and "Red Square")

May as well go for the Shadow Ranger achievement at the same time, but you basically need to play on easy to stand a chance at that one.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It just means you get to play the whole game again, and this time find all the secrets and avoid killing any humans (except on "The Chase" and "Red Square")

May as well go for the Shadow Ranger achievement at the same time, but you basically need to play on easy to stand a chance at that one.

Does that include not knocking them out or just killing?

Back
Top Bottom