Which SSD do you have in your Mac?

Soldato
I'm looking to replace the mechanical drive in my Mid 2009 MBP and wanted to know what drives people are using/finding reliable.

Also, is it possible to port the existing OS or is a clean install the best way to go?

Soldato
Currently 2 Crucial M4 256Gb's in my mac mini, 8 months of amazing service so far.

Had a 256gb C300 in my 09 mbp before that, 3 years old this week and its now doing a stellar service in a mates pc after 2 and a half years in my mac/pc.

Associate
Crucial M4 128GB connected to iMac via Seagate Thunderbolt sled. Existing 1TB mechanical used for iTunes, photos, large games etc.

Did a clean install as I wanted to shift things to mechanical and have a clean platform to start on. Works rather well and is damn quick.

Soldato
Crucial M4 128GB connected to iMac via Seagate Thunderbolt sled. Existing 1TB mechanical used for iTunes, photos, large games etc.

Did a clean install as I wanted to shift things to mechanical and have a clean platform to start on. Works rather well and is damn quick.

I've used a thermaltake USB3 enclosure on my SSD and it still gets full speeds just cheaper than the thunderbolt one.

I've got a 2TB external Seagate HDD as well for videos / itunes and the internal 1TB for programs.

Only problem is im running out of usb ports now

Soldato
Common choices are the m4 and 830. Both drives are known to work well with Macs, though the m4 has apparently had some pretty poor firmware releases (mine's fine, haven't bothered updating). Frankly any drive can be used, as long as you do some research to ensure that they are reliable.

Back
Top Bottom