Who knows your PIN?

Man of Honour
How often do you do that?

Once to my sister when she went to settle up a bill.

My other half when I needed some money and couldn't go for some reason.

And some friends when it was my round of drinks and again I was unable to get to the bar.

If they remember it and steal my card and use it - then shame on them.

I balance my account every month, and cross check my spending on MS Money. So I find out fairly quickly if there's been undue activity on my card.

If I can't trust my friends and loved ones then what hope do we have as a human race!

Permabanned
I don't have a need to convince you :)

Wouldn't your last paragraph effectively be shopping your own wife in this situation for fraud? Is that not bad then? It'd kick off an investigation as to what happened. I'd rather not have us need to deal with that...

Why would you shop your wife? If my wife said she took the money for something then surely its not fraud, its just expenditure?

Man of Honour
OP
Why would you shop your wife? If my wife said she took the money for something then surely its not fraud, its just expenditure?

If you deny all knowledge of the transaction because there's only you on your account and it was your wife using your details, haven't you shopped her by default? They'd investigate and find out it was her. We'd possibly be in line for compensation claim for time spent investigating I would think, as well as being in breach of ts and cs?

Last half pure conjecture!

Permabanned
If you deny all knowledge of the transaction because there's only you on your account and it was your wife using your details, haven't you shopped her by default? They'd investigate and find out it was her. We'd possibly be in line for compensation claim for time spent investigating I would think, as well as being in breach of ts and cs?

Last half pure conjecture!

Why would you call the bank to report something like that without speaking to your wife first?

*Checks bank account and, hey there's £250 missing from my account?*

Me: Hey honey, someone just withdrew £250 from my bank account, wtf!

Wife: Don't worry, it was me..I had to pay the pool guy!

Me: ok, I better just report your ass to the fraud dept then....

Seems like a short way to being celibate for the rest of life to me.

Man of Honour
Why would you call the bank to report something like that without speaking to your wife first?

*Checks bank account and, hey there's £250 missing from my account?*

Me: Hey honey, someone just withdrew £250 from my bank account, wtf!

Wife: Don't worry, it was me..I had to pay the pool guy!

Me: ok, I better just report your ass to the fraud dept then....

Seems like a short way to being celibate for the rest of life to me.

I think Gilly means when they phone you to check rather than him phoning them.

Man of Honour
See, I don't keep that close an eye on it. Maybe I should and I wouldn't be paranoid?!

Well it's free to download :)

I also have a bank app on my phone so I can check my balance on the fly.

Yes it's boring doing the accounts, but it takes me 30 mins on a quiet morning/evening - then it's done, and it helps me budget/forecast cash flow etc. A little bit of a pain for much gain in the long term. :)

It helps when you're trying to save for weddings/cars/gadgets/savings etc... means I can manage my money better. :)

Permabanned
I think Gilly means when they phone you to check rather than him phoning them.

And why wouldn't you ask your wife then as well.

Bank: did you authorise a £250 transaction to "pool guys r us"?

Me: not sure, let me check.

Me: Honey did you pay the pool guy £250?

Wife: Yeah, this morning.

Me: cool...*to bank*..yeah that's fine. It is correct.

Bank: Thank you Sir.

Alternatively

Me "*to bank after convo with wife*...my wife did it, it wasn't me...arrest her arse."

*screams loudly while holding what isn't there anymore*

:p

Back
Top Bottom