Who knows your PIN?

Soldato
My gf knows mine & I know hers. We basically treat them both as joint accounts, my dad knew mine but will have forgotten it now.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Only me, and I intend to keep it that way.

*anxiously looks round the room*

Permabanned
Wow that's cold you wouldn't let your own wife use your card when she lost hers

My wife to be knows mine it's no problem it's quite handy actually especially when I get her to take stuff back etc

Associate
Wife? Fiancée? Girlfriend? Mum? Dad? Brother? Best mate?

Just had the wife railing at me cos she can't find her bank card, nor her card for the joint account. Told her to take her cheque book to hear 'I'll just take your bank card'.

I said no. No-one knows my PIN. Means she's not in scope if anything goes missing or looks unusual!

What was your wife's reaction? Was she surprised/upset? I'll bet she was a bit hurt tbh
I know mine would be and I would too if I got the same treatment.
Possibly you are a bit paranoid about fraudulent activity on your account and rightly so these days, but surely your nearest and dearest should be trusted? I know you say its not about trust but you could just say "let me know before you purchase anything"
My Mrs and my eldest son know my pin but I would know in advance about any purchases so it works out OK to be honest and out of habit I check my accounts every day. Only takes a minute with the bank app

Man of Honour
OP
Wow that's cold you wouldn't let your own wife use your card when she lost hers

My wife to be knows mine it's no problem it's quite handy actually especially when I get her to take stuff back etc

It's a regular occurrence. She never carries money, keys, card :rolleyes:

She expects that I'd do it.

Associate
I told my gf my pin years ago, no idea if she still remembers it. She has never used it though. I only told her it so she could use my card to get money out and do the shopping while I was at work. She ended up waiting for me to get home because she didn't feel right using my card.

I know her pin too, had to get money out for her a bunch of times when she was pregnant (each time, 3 kids). I haven't had any reason to use her card at any other time though and doubt I'll ever need to again.

We'll have been together 12 years next month.

I wouldn't tell anyone else my pin. I refused to tell my brother it last year when he wanted to borrow my card for a night out (after losing his card, phone and keys the night before).

Back
Top Bottom