Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Update on the Ribble pedals situation. Aparently they split the order because they were out of stock, not that they ever told me that... Anyway they should be sending me out some pedals shortly. :)

Soldato
You lot are all either a) carrying a lot more body fat than I am (no offence), b) cold blooded or c) weirdos (casual, friendly jibe poking offence intended :p). And I'm northern by birth!

I almost can't wait for winter so I can start Merino layering underneath the Softshell.

12%bodyfat or so. Northern. High metabolism.

Also, rule 5.

Associate
971949_201606783339554_757752454_n.jpg

wheel stuff has arrived

and tyres

525739_201585723341660_2073108232_n.jpg

Soldato
You lot are all either a) carrying a lot more body fat than I am (no offence), b) cold blooded or c) weirdos (casual, friendly jibe poking offence intended :p). And I'm northern by birth!

I almost can't wait for winter so I can start Merino layering underneath the Softshell.

im just hot.. in every possible way.. no complains ;)

Soldato
:D Earphone wearers, I refer you to Rule#62 from Velominati:-

Rule #62 // You shall not ride with earphones.
Cycling is about getting outside and into the elements and you don’t need to be listening to Queen or Slayer in order to experience that. Immerse yourself in the rhythm and pain, not in whatever 80′s hair band you call “music”. See Rule #5 and ride your bike

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

Soldato
I definitely prefer the rain jacket. I'll take whenever it looks like moderate rain (if it's cooler and only light rain I'll just wear the Gabba LS). Bought the hardshell to prepare for winter because if it's anything like last year and I have to do some serious distance in sub zero conditions. It should be worth it. Last year I suffered to much.

Caporegime
Archers Omnibus? Oh dear..

I definitely prefer the rain jacket. I'll take whenever it looks like moderate rain (if it's cooler and only light rain I'll just wear the Gabba LS). Bought the hardshell to prepare for winter because if it's anything like last year and I have to do some serious distance in sub zero conditions. It should be worth it. Last year I suffered to much.

I'm fortunate enough to have both so hopefully will have all bases covered.

Tempted by a rain jacket as well if I'm being honest, but not sure how I'd get that one past the boss.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Had my second ride out last night since coming off and having 2 hours surgery on my face 6 weeks ago...

Not bad! I was worried my fitness has really suffered as my nose was smashed to smithereens and so I wasn't allowed to do anything for 6 weeks. I had a gym session on Monday and was really fed up with how crap it felt but the ride was like I hadn't stopped really. I was taking out the novices from work who all got bikes while I was out of action so the pace was slow and I carried the slowest rider but still feels like an accomplishment.

Also, people feeling the cold already?! I wear shorts all year round and a thick top and thicker gloves in the winter months. Waterproof is the only addition if needed but nothing warm underneath. I get far too hot otherwise, it's doesn't feel natural to ride all covered up :/

Associate

You can lump me in with the fatties also. The only difference between my summer and winter attire is that my jerseys have sleeves in winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom