Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeah but he's gone a bit naff since he got rid of his corn-rows. Needs to grow them back. It looks like Martinez doesn't fancy him out on the wing that much and is looking to play him behind the striker a bit more. Just depends on how confidence he has in Deulofeu.

Martinez is going to show how good or bad he really is. No excuses now.

Soldato
I am sure Ozil will be a great player but why all the talk of a coup? RM wanted rid and Ozil wanted out... The odds of him looking like he is worth more than £42.5m are pretty low.

To me it looks like a panic buy when other areas of the squad are weak, which could have been made for a lower price earlier in the season.

Why is it a panic buy if as everyone can clearly see, Arsenal are not short of AMs. Even Wenger can see that surely. Andre Santos, Arteta, were more like panic buys.

Soldato
good find - great article

I agree that you'll kick on from here, but only if you get onto the CL next season. Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, and the Mancs will be completing strongly and the Arsenal squad is still a little thin.

If you get 4th this year then that article may be right. If not, it could all fall apart. Massive season for a few clubs.

Soldato
man city lost the title this time last year fluffing about with transfer before rvp , I can see the pathetic window utd have had being what costs us this year

Soldato
Why is it a panic buy if as everyone can clearly see, Arsenal are not short of AMs. Even Wenger can see that surely. Andre Santos, Arteta, were more like panic buys.

it's a panic buy in that funds were spent for the sake of spending them at the last possible moment to give some credibility to the board and Wenger when they talked about a war chest for 3 months.

Arsenal already had an awesome midfield; shoving another awesome player in it wont make it that much better. On the other hand, some defensive depth would be useful.

Soldato
it's a panic buy in that funds were spent for the sake of spending them at the last possible moment to give some credibility to the board and Wenger when they talked about a war chest for 3 months.

Arsenal already had an awesome midfield; shoving another awesome player in it wont make it that much better. On the other hand, some defensive depth would be useful.

Won't make it much better? Are you serious? He's miles away from any of the other players in there IMO. He's the first truly world class signing the club have made for a long, long time.

Soldato
really dont get the hate for ozil and the fee etc etc

it must be jealousy

the guy is genuine world class im still amazed we managed to sign someone of his calibre

Man of Honour
Just went to get an orange, do we know what's happening with Coentrao yet?

Apparently some La Liga officials have confirmed it... Balague and co say it's off though.

So, no. :p

Who cares BaZ.

We signed a ****ing midfielder and he's got an afro.

I've got my wig on order now, I tell you!

Get the **** in.

I've had my wig for ages. I've been waiting for this day.

Caporegime
Jenkinson starting more often is certainly a good thing! Sagna also looks quite good at CB tbh.. I don't know what's happening anymore. :eek:

Jenks hasnt looked all that solid so far this season but i suppose having to sit on the bench for most of last season didnt help, whilst Sagna was making us look like fools at RB:p.

Have to agree with you on Sagna filling in for the CB position in the past few games, hes done pretty well considering hes a RB. I just hope he doesnt fall back to his stupid ways later in the season.

Caporegime
I don't know how we've managed to sell Anichebe for £6m! Incredible!

:eek:

Everton have pulled off some great business: Lukaku in/Fellaini out for 27.5m, Anichebe for anything more than £1.99

And some **** business: McCarthy in for 13m (even worse than the 12m reported), Barry loan.

Our best window for some time, shipped out some **** for once and no Moyes to destroy Lukaku. Much much better than I expected, now to see if Martinez can actually get them going.

Moyes under real pressure now, I feel for him. He's left the club to sort out deals and it's been a farce. Now he's left with Felliani to make or break him, oh dear.

Soldato

It would have been a panic buy in paying over the odds for a position that they needed, not one they didn't. If anything this shows how much Arsenal actually wanted Ozil. Yes I'm sure they've paid way more than they would have liked, but I reckon Arsenal have finally come to their senses and recognised the current transfer climate does not allow for world class signings on the cheap.

Soldato
Jenks hasnt looked all that solid so far this season but i suppose having to sit on the bench for most of last season didnt help, whilst Sagna was making us look like fools at RB:p.

Have to agree with you on Sagna filling in for the CB position in the past few games, hes done pretty well considering hes a RB. I just hope he doesnt fall back to his stupid ways later in the season.

Jenkinson is not a title-challenging RB. Sagna is strong enough for CB. If only you could get Vermaelen and Koscielny in form together, would be very solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom