Starbound - adventure, terraria graphics designer ( INDIE )

Soldato
What FrenchTart said. :p :D

I'm really enjoying this, I flew to a dwarf planet orbiting my starting one, travelled to the left and found a huge town full of goods and services.

And it's cool to see them react when you mess around with their stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd recommend everyone set up dropbox or the like for their characters. I know it's too late for you now Neil but if it happens again you will be able to recover.

You could also try downloading an undelete program and searching for your character file. If you're lucky you may be able to find an old version to restore.

How'd you mean set up dropbox? Make it so the folder the characters are saved in is uploaded to Dropbox so you can access old versions?

Man of Honour
Yeah. If you have your character folder synced via dropbox (or another similar program) you will have several versions of your character backed up to dropbox. If the latest gets corrupted just revert to the last version and so on.

Caporegime
OP
Behold, my birdy paradise! My own planet, full of traps and statues of me! :D

starbound_2013_12_06_13_27_04_667.jpg

starbound_2013_12_06_14_14_14_765.jpg

starbound_2013_12_06_14_18_09_185.jpg

starbound_2013_12_06_14_24_27_674.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Bloody hell - is that discovered or constructed?

Both, added the statues and tombs from another planet! Main design is discovered, thankfully you'll come across the same race on other planets. So always steal :D

Spikes and Chainsaw in pits, again from another planet. I've even come across high tech chests and powerful weaponry, like +34 damage swords e.t.c

Soldato
Yeah. If you have your character folder synced via dropbox (or another similar program) you will have several versions of your character backed up to dropbox. If the latest gets corrupted just revert to the last version and so on.

Cool, friends comp crashed and it corrupted his character yesterday. That would be really useful for him. Guess the only downside is you'll still lose everything from that session (I don't think the game autosaves periodically does it?) but it beats losing the char entirely.

Man of Honour
Cool, friends comp crashed and it corrupted his character yesterday. That would be really useful for him. Guess the only downside is you'll still lose everything from that session (I don't think the game autosaves periodically does it?) but it beats losing the char entirely.

To be honest I don't know how often it autosaves, if at all so yeah..probably everything from that session. Might be worth logging in/out a fair bit when you get the chance :)

Soldato
My one crashed and I thought I lost all my gold ore etc. but got lucky, so I'm not sure if it periodically saves but it sure seems that way right now. Quick saves would be nice.

Soldato
I'm playing SP mode only right now, just want to cruise about slowly and discover things. So maybe that's why it kept my save.

We should say these things to the devs, if people haven't already. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Already have :D

What I really like about this game over Terraria is not just the different places, but the fact that what ever I build nobody unless they find my planet will destroy it! Was gut wrenching when I built the cinema, theatre and swimming pool on FT's server and it was bombed to hell and back! But now I can build what I want knowing for now I'm very much safe

Soldato
My one crashed and I thought I lost all my gold ore etc. but got lucky, so I'm not sure if it periodically saves but it sure seems that way right now. Quick saves would be nice.

I had a crash the other day and it seemed like all I lost was about 30 seconds progress. I was doing a bit of mining near the surface and when I came back some of it was still there.

You could do that offline anyway Neil ><

Back
Top Bottom