Skoda

Associate
Bought an 07 2.0 tfsi octavia vRS about a week ago. When I return home (so when the engine is warm) and put it into neutral or hold the clutch down, it just starts revving by itself normally up to 1.5 or 2k, then it will hold those revs for a second or two and then drop back down to normal. It keeps on doing it until I turn the car off then. What could that be? Got no warning lights on the dash etc. Never does it when the engine is cold.

Last edited:
Soldato
mmm that sounds odd -will let the Skoda experts answer that one

I'm somewhere mid-way between a Skoda Octavia VRS (2008-2010 ish), Golf GTI, BMW 330 (can't find many for sale) or a A4 S-Line

should I be concerned ref the Timing Chain reports on the newer VRS engines (same with GTI and A4)- reading Brisk forums worried me a bit (probably for no good reason) - enough that I was starting to consider low mileage 2008 plates with the TFSI engine

cheers

Soldato
do people think near 14k for a 10k mile VRS is about right ?

I had a feeling when they were flogging off the old VRS style (before new one just came out) I'd heard reports of new ones at sub 16k ? but might be interweb gossip

if so - 14k seems a bit pricey ?

Soldato
I am really tempted by one of these, do you mind me asking how much deposit you put down to get that deal?

£2k down. But generally you can put next to nothing down and you'll still get the 0% etc - I just put £2k down to bring the month cost to where I wanted it.

I could have purchased outright but totally pointless with 0% APR!

Now 6/7 weeks into ownership and loving it - great car, no niggles at all, engine has loosened up a bit and it's a great car. Ton's of space and very happy so far.

Averaging 51mpg so far over the 1600 miles I've done.

Soldato
do people think near 14k for a 10k mile VRS is about right ?

I had a feeling when they were flogging off the old VRS style (before new one just came out) I'd heard reports of new ones at sub 16k ? but might be interweb gossip

if so - 14k seems a bit pricey ?

seems a lot - I was looking at a vrs Mk2 with 3k mileage @ 15k back in April, which was before the Mk3 was released.

Associate
Bought an 07 2.0 tfsi octavia vRS about a week ago. When I return home (so when the engine is warm) and put it into neutral or hold the clutch down, it just starts revving by itself normally up to 1.5 or 2k, then it will hold those revs for a second or two and then drop back down to normal. It keeps on doing it until I turn the car off then. What could that be? Got no warning lights on the dash etc. Never does it when the engine is cold.

Hi mate. My vRS did the exact same thing a few months ago. The issue was a faulty PCV valve which cost £40 to fix

Soldato
Had my 12 plate Fabia vRS for a couple of months now and really enjoying it. I put on some Goodyear F1 AS2's a couple of weeks ago and they have transfomred the car for me. Only niggle I have is that it looks like I've got an oil burner. Just done 2k since I bought it and put in 2L of oil so far. I've got it booked in for an oil consumption test in the New Year so I'll see what happens after that. I've got loads of info from the Briskoda site so I roughly know what to expect from the test.

Associate
Hi mate. My vRS did the exact same thing a few months ago. The issue was a faulty PCV valve which cost £40 to fix

Ah thanks a lot man :)

One more thing, from reading the briskoda forums I got the impression that the belt should be done every 60k or 4 years. Is that right?

Associate
Ah thanks a lot man :)

One more thing, from reading the briskoda forums I got the impression that the belt should be done every 60k or 4 years. Is that right?

Sounds about right. I bought mine at 50k miles and it had already been done, which was a bonus.

Let me know if that issue is definitely the PCV valve! You'll probably find my forum posts on the briskoda about it as someone else diagnosed it for me, before the garage confirmed it :). It's quite a common issue with the vRS

Associate
£2k down. But generally you can put next to nothing down and you'll still get the 0% etc - I just put £2k down to bring the month cost to where I wanted it.

I could have purchased outright but totally pointless with 0% APR!

Now 6/7 weeks into ownership and loving it - great car, no niggles at all, engine has loosened up a bit and it's a great car. Ton's of space and very happy so far.

Averaging 51mpg so far over the 1600 miles I've done.

I decided to take advantage of the 0% offer myself today, couldn't help myself I'm too weak! i also managed to get the dealer to knock of 5% which i was surprised how easy it was so bonus there. Think i might go with the Petrol, had 2 test drives, i reckon it will do 40mpg on a motorway run providing you keep it on the safe side of 70. I am going to try the Diesel tomorrow morning as well but i think after having 2 diesels, id like to have a more refined engine.

Soldato
Base list price being what 22k ish without options ?

yeah -there or abouts.

I only added cruise control and black pack to mine and I certainly don't think I'm missing anything.

Some folk go mad with heated seats/top end sat nav system, leather etc etc which adds about £4k to the starting price!

Back
Top Bottom